Old 07-03-2016, 07:45 PM #1 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Default Leg Rash

My PALS has had a rash on his lower leg area for the last couple months. It looks like red dots. They weren't raised and didn't itch.

Now for the last week, he has those and also has another rash in the same area that are raised bumps and almost look like a heat rash? It is also mostly not itchy.

He has never had anything like this before. Has anyone else experienced a red rash on their legs?

Don't know if this is ALS related or not? This area is the second area his weakness occurred. The first area was the tongue.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:59 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Southern
State: WV
Diagnosed: 01/2014
GilWest is on a very distinguished roadGilWest is on a very distinguished road
City: Southern
State: WV
Diagnosed: 01/2014
GilWest is on a very distinguished roadGilWest is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: Leg Rash

Mom had a series of unexplained rashes. Does the rash blanch (it loses color when you press on it)? It's has been our experience that hydrocortisone or nystatin will cure most any rash...
Thanks from
soonerwife (07-04-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 10:36 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

Very Helpful Member

Gilwest, he said the color does not go away. I think hydrocortisone will work on the new rash that has raised bumps but not sure about the older rash. We will try it and see. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:51 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

It may be worth checking out. If you have a good pharmacist even checking there first?

I don't know what it is about skin and ALS but there is a relationship.

Right from early, well before any mobility issues, even before thinking to go to a doctor Chris developed strange dry skin patches. Really noticeable as he had the most amazing soft and supple skin. I always use lip balms and moisturisers and he would do nothing and yet be so soft.

We would NEVER have thought some funny little dry spotty areas of skin were anything except that he took great exception to his skin being marred lol

Anyway, a cortisone cream fixed those dry spots, however as things went along he also developed lots of weird little fungal skin issues. Lots of PALS get fungal things.

Recently Kay (azgirl) used apple cider vinegar on hers!

But I would be checking because I would want to be sure whether it is something cortizone will help, something fungal or we even seem to get an higher than normal number of PALS with scabies.

The lack of itching, to me, tends to point away from all three causes above, that's why I would get it checked.

Please let us know!
Thanks from
soonerwife (07-04-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 08:04 PM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold

Gold bond powder, eucerin tub body cream, and hydrocortisone cream were our friends. I always kept them on hand. Steve would get red patches on his face, almost like psoriasis without scarring. If he was exposed to an airborne allergen, he would get a red rash.
Thanks from
soonerwife (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 10:22 PM #6 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Our GP prescribed an amount of cortisone to be added to a regular sorbolene cream and it worked on anything that didn't turn out to be fungal
Closed Thread

Tags
tongue, weakness