Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
I would like to thank the CALS who have stayed after their losses to help us PALS as best as you can. I can name many of you but I'd leave some out. You have made a miserable two years just a little more bearable. I wish for you healing and a return of joy and happiness. And thank you for your prayers.
To the other PALS all I can offer is my hope that you live as long as possible and that your death is as peaceful as possible.
Next week or thereabouts I have the choice of moving into a death house( nursing home- the state I live in is ranked 51/51 in quality of care) or pulling the plug and expiring. I choose number 2.
My daughter who is 20 has also developed a disease that can be deadly, and it's just not possible to care for both of us.
Love and peace to you all.

Oh Neil, my heart breaks for you and your family.
Thank you for all your contributions here. We will miss you.
Hoping for the best for your daughter
Wishing you a peaceful journey
Godspeed
Love

It sounds like you have been hit hard with the stinking things that can happen in life. I just don't know what to say. I think I would do as you are doing, but I don't know for sure. I am praying for you Neil. If you change your mind I will be glad to hear that. Love and peace to you.
Laurel

God speed and a peaceful passing.
I'll look for you on the other side, there with Max and all our peers.

I'm glad you stopped by to say good night, Neil, and for the lens you held up to us in the last couple of years. I hope your daughter outlives us all, and your wife will always be welcome here if she so chooses.

It is only an honor for us former CALS to have helped you in any way. Much peace and strength on your path. When I next see a sunset over the Hill Country, I'll remember.

Best,
Laurie

Oh Neil, I am so sorry that is came to this for you. I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hope that the journey you are taking is peaceful. You will be missed here. Thanks for all the support you have shown. Peace to you!

We've really lost a friend. A wonderful man.

When it's my turn to go, I hope I have as much courage and dignity as Neal.

Once again, the screen on my laptop is hard to read through the mist. Thanks Neal, and farewell.

You have left an enduring legacy here. You will be missed.

Peace to you. You will be in my prayers.

Steve

Oh Neil, I hope you still come back to read all the replies on this thread before heading to that place.

You have been such an inspiration to me for a long time. We have shared many things.

I just know a new koala will turn up here sometime soon and I can guarantee the next male koala here will be named Neil and I will always think of you swaying in the breeze up high in the branches catching some sun.

You have taken the last control to make your own decision your own way and I salute you with the highest respect and love mate.

Neil, the world will be a poorer place when you have left us. My heart broke last night when I read your post and I was unable to respond then. Thank you for all that you have shared with us, as well as with future members. You will be ever present on the forum and in our hearts. I wish you peace and your daughter all the health that she can find.

Much love,
Becky

So long Buddy, you'll be missed.

There are no words to describe the feeling in my heart.

You are a true gentleman, Neil.

Go in peace.

Looking forward to meeting you one day Neil.

Vince

Lots of love being sent your way, Neil. Your honesty, and thought provoking posts have been appreciated and also ensure you will not be forgotten.

Yes, Neil, there is something after.
Until we meet...<3

Wishing you peace Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back