Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
I had a regularly-scheduled visit with my neurologist today. Nothing too exciting to report. But something pretty funny did come out of it.

During the visit, we discussed driving. I am adamant that I will give up driving when I am no longer a safe driver. I am confident I am a safe driver now, so I don't regard it as a big issue today.

My neurologist suggested I get an independent evaluation and recommended a firm that can do it. I think that is a great idea, as I could be a bit biased on this issue:)

After the appointment, I went to visit my friends at my company (I cofounded it and worked there for over 17 years). On the way in, my wife noticed that the driving evaluation company is in the suite physically adjacent to my company's suite.

I guess it won't be too far out of the way to go to that appointment:)

Steve

I feel the same way about driving, Steve. I drove to Whole Foods in Winter Park today alone. It was an hour each way in fairly heavy traffic. I think I've been overdoing it lately because the pain in my back is under control but it sure felt good to make that drive.

Kim,

I know what you mean.

Driving is such a joy that I try to do as much as I can now, because I know the day is coming when I will not be able to. I frequently overdo it. If my wife does not remind me of that, my body sure does.

Steve

Giving up the car was not a big deal for me. I barely missed a telephone pole, came home and told my wife I was done driving.

Giving up my motorcycle 3 years ago, now that was hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back