Docusate Sodium Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...thanks for the giggle.

Any idea if this is the product i have read about on this site, to assist bowel movements?

When I read about this product on this site, it did not mention sodium in the name.

just wanna poo

I don't know that one Pat.

We used Movicol and it was enough for Chris, but I know that everyone is a little different. I would give him movicol with up to 500ml water before getting him out of bed every morning. He would stay in bed for over half an hour after having that too, so it kind of cleared through his stomach before he was getting up into a pwc.

Docusate is a stool softener, not a laxative, although they do make laxatives as well. I have been using it twice a day since my peg in December. It helps me.

Vince

Hi Pat,

All depends how constipated you are!!

More than a couple of days = Movicol. I take daily Docusate Sodium (a softener) and Senna (a pusher) just to maintain movement. If I get into trouble, I take 1-2 Movicol and don't stray too far from the bathroom!

Oh, the joys... :)

Get it sorted man.

Ells.

Thank you... Morning.

The game plan seems like Docusate daily... I guess that is the correct product, in the original post
Laxative, when needed.... tummy rub, if needed.
Mucho water.... How much water is required?

Sorry to be ignorant, I never had trouble till this week.... this seems absurd, but I asked my Neuro / Plumo for a feeding tube in October. I was told no. I asked again, and it happened.... on the 14th, two weeks prior, May 31st my FVC was 24%, I had a good seal too; the mouth piece went inside my mouth and up, behind my lips.

So anyway I have a tube, thank y'all I have gotten vast help from this site... I wold be in a world of hurt, without this site.

pleasant poopin,

pat

Everyone should drink 2 litres of water a day Pat.

More is fine, but there is a limit too, I would think 3 litres a day without doing hard exercise is too much.

My Chris worried about peeing at night so he would start to refuse fluids in the evenings. So I would pump fluids in the morning so he still got lots of water as this is really important for keeping the bowels moving.

If he took 1 movicol sachet I would give him around 350 ml of water, if he took 2 I would get 500, plus he would take a panadol rapid which meant another 200 ml water.

By 10 am he had taken in over a litre of fluid, which meant as he started to back off during the mid afternoon I had a good chance of getting enough into him to keep everything moving well :)

Most of you PALS would probably go a little slower in the early morning, although I am sure that a good flush with lots of water, some movicol and then a high fibre breakfast kept him poopin

God bless u, and all these ambitious cals.

this als is crazy sh$t,

pat

Tim has rarely needed either stool softeners or laxatives. He gets about an 2-3 TBS of hemp hearts, chia seeds and flax seed in his smoothy every day along with an apple one day and grapefruit the next. He also gets organic probiotic yogurt , 1 carrot and kale or spinach in his smoothie. We also have a bidet that has an "enema" spray that stimulates his bowels when he feels that it is right there but he can't push. We have a very good blender and I add apple cider to thin it enough to go through his feeding tube. Hope this helps.
Paulette

Thank you, for the Ducosate in the feeding tube, do u mix it with anything; or straight in the tube and flush with water after?

Miralax or Lactulose mixed with warm water down the tube works for us. I prefer Miralax, but the doctor likes lactulose.

I take Docusate Sodium liquid (along w/ other crushed pills) directly into peg, followed by 240mls warm water. Never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back