Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Tacoma
Israel completed a legitimate study where the protocol was used in three parallel studies in the US at Mayo clinic, Emory and Mass General.

Research into China is nothing but a scam. No studies to evaluate. Be real careful. There is no cure yet and stem cell therapy for ALS is til in its infancy

Yep. Definitely agree.

But who are you and why do you care?

We're a big leery of random, unknown people posting.

I am glad they are doing clinical trials, but waiting for the FDA is not easy.

I live in Israel and am a candidate for the next round stem cell clinical trial here, which is pending approval by our Ministry of Health. After hearing about it from my own top-flight doctors, I can strongly vouch for the legitimacy of the trial. The professionals who developed the protocol for growing the cells and the clinicians who are performing the trial are of the highest caliber. However, please be aware that 1) they are seeking early stage patients for the next round 2) my impression is that participating will be tough if you do not live in Israel already.

CW is, Shabak has not logged since his/her original post ...

What Shabak says is quite true, in my view. It is important to distinguish between legitimate trials and quack treatments.

Do you have to live in Israel to be considered? I think these particular trials are really the only real hope out there. However, I am not sure of those of us here..now will be here when they perfect it.
Trying to be hopeful,
jocalyn

Again: Shabak has not logged on since that initial post.

Don't expect any answers.

I don't know if you have to live here in Israel, but if the first trial's setup is any indication of the next one, participants will need to visit the hospital many times over a period of months. so it seems impractical to fly here for each visit, and i expect the participants will be chosen based on their reliability. Can they stick with the trial until the end? anyone living here will have a big advantage in that regard. The results of the US double blind studies are expected to be published any day now, so we can learn if there is more solid basis for hope.
betsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back