06/2015
Country
US
State
East Coast
City
Somwhere
All,

Have a question about flying with my trilogy. This is new territory for me and looking for guidelines and/or advice on getting this on the plane. I don't believe I will need it on the plane- I currently use it only at night(S/T BiPap mode)

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Obtaining letter from Neurologist
2. The respiratory therapist swapped out my trilogy for one that had the airplane sticker on it- stating meeting federal requirements
3. Documentation from the vendor that it meets quidelines for a carry on

Also plan to contact airline directly for any other documentation needed.

Have I missed anything?

As always, thank you for the assistance. Very appreciative.

AnnMarie

Re: Traveling with Teilogy

Thanks for posting this. I am needing the same info. All I know is the RT told us to make sure we took it on the plane.

We recently traveled with a trilogy on United. No issues and no letters or documentations needed. I just said it was medical equipment for my husband and carried it on board. We put it under the seat. He didn't need to use it, but it was no problem getting through security or anything else.

My brother-in-law travels with his C-PAP all the time. He doesn't have any illness or physical problems, but he takes his c-pap and uses it on long flights. Never any questions at all.

Tracy

I've recently traveled with my Trilogy with no issues. The most I've had to do was remove it from its carrying case to run through the x-ray machine. The other good thing is it doesn't count as a carry-on so you can still have your one personal item and carry-on luggage as well as the Trilogy.

Trilogy,wheelchairs, do not count as carryon.Keep yourmeds in original containers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back