Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
I am having trouble finding pant that work for my mom, she can't button things because of the weakness in her hands. I bought her some elastic jeans and pants but because we have ample junk in the trunk in our family she has trouble pulling them over her rear. Ideas? It also has to be stylish lol

Re: Clothing

Maxi skirts and dresses are all i wear

She can't because she trips on them and if they are shorter she insists on panty hose and she can't get that on. I have some ideas I am looking for a seamstress now that can help me.

Even before my dx I was fond of wearing loose sweat pants and yoga pants. I always got larger than I took with the yoga pants so I could get them on easily. I find jeans very uncomfortable.

I also wear sweat shorts during hot weather. I refuse to be uncomfortable no matter what the occasion.

I haven't worn panty hose in years.

I had long, tan, muscular legs so it didn't matter. Now my legs are flabby and white but I don't care. Comfort before anything else.

Go online and look at Fresh Produce Clothing. You might find some attractive skirts and dresses that cover most of her legs but are loose and comfy.

There are companies that make adaptive clothing, I'm in Australia so can't give you names for American companies but use the search option on this site as others have already in the past have put up posts, good luck. Luv Gem

She can't because she trips on them and if they are shorter she insists on panty hose and she can't get that on. I have some ideas I am looking for a seamstress now that can help me.

I only wear dresses and maxi skirts to but have similar problems tripping so mum slightly hems them up. Would ankle or knee length pantyhose be easier. Eventually the only way to wear what u want is to let someone help you, but that's a tough decision to make:( it took me ages to make that call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back