Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
TX
City
Cypress
I had my tube put in through outpatient surgery on 5/13/2016. Because of fever and excess bleeding I was put in the hospital and just got out last night (5/16/2016).I still am passing huge volumes of blood in my urine but the fever is gone. Hospital told me to drink lots of water and follow up with a urologist in 1-2 weeks. pain at the insertion site is not bad, but my equilibrium is messed up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, find a new doctor/hospital. Do not wait to follow up. What hospital was this?

I can't see how having a PEG insertion should cause hematuria (blood in urine). Did you have a Foley catheter inserted in your bladder? A urologist should have seen you while you were in the hospital. Follow up with your urologist now. Do not wait 1-2 weeks.

Sharon

The PEG procedure has nothing to do with the fever or the blood in your urine or your equilibrium. Even if you had a urinary catheter put in somewhere along the line, bloody urine is not normal. Make an appointment with your doctor or a urologist now, not two weeks from now. The fever being gone is great, but the continued bleeding is still a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back