Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Here I am in Florida having asked for a hotel room where the bathtub has a grab rail. What I got is a roll in shower!!! There is a handheld showerhead. Is there any way to minimize water going all over or is it just par for the course? Irony where most of you have to fight for the roll in shower
Thanks in advance!

Where we've had a roll in shower, the shower curtain keeps some of the water in the shower area... but the rest goes where it goes. Ours always had floors that tilted enough and in the right direction to self dry relatively quickly. Good luck with yours! Enjoy your stay!!!

Jim

Thanks Jim I was afraid of that!the floor does not look angled but there are 2 drains at least. This reminds me as a child living in Europe our apartment had a shower with an angled floor plus a door that closed.( it was a separate room) Why don't we have that design?

I would just try to angle the showerhead such that water hits you, then the wall at a drainable angle. Easier said than done...

Use all the towels they provide you however you need to keep from making the whole floor slippery.

Can you sit down on the pull e down bench and pull showerhead to you to try to minimize splashing. And then use lots of towels on the floor so you do not even consider stepping out on wet tile. I am assuming you know better than to attempt stepping out on wet tile! Be smart, and careful my friend!

Had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago while in Hilton Head. Requested a roll-in shower and got it. Unfortunately. the shower curtain ended about 12 inches from the floor which resulted in flooding the entire bathroom floor. Management was very cooperative and installed a curtain which went down to floor level. Hate to be a complainer, but at least it worked this time.

Thanks all. Yes I am worried about wet tile. Will be careful. Promise. I have never been good at spatial reasoning Laurie. I completely understand the concept but putting it into practice not so much! Tomorrow I don't have any plans maybe I can stay in the shower until the floor dries lol! But Monday I have an appointment across town at 7:30 am so I better get it together by then

Maybe I should jump in the pool instead!

Ask them for an extra dozen towels so you can just cover the floor completely ;)

This is not helpful, but older pensioni in Italy often had showers in a corner of the bathroom (usually shared), no sign of a shower curtain. It was usually near the toilet, so you had to put the toilet paper somewhere out of reach of the spray.

soggy roll of toilet paper! EWWWWWWW :shock::mad:

Ok the distance from the showerseat to the door ( which opens out) is the length of the bath mat will let the water go wherever, hope it stays in the bathroom ( there is a little threshold) , exit and hope the floods abate. Stay tuned for updates

We encountered this almost all the time. Marriott properties are set up this way. Some best westerns have a 3/4 wall and a bench

I would tell housekeeping I needed a dozen dry towels each day to protect you from falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back