04/2016
Country
US
State
IA
City
Thornburg
Greetings;

I have had this issue for quite a while, but it seems to be getting worse and more persistent.
When it started I only noticed it when using earplugs, but lately it goes on whenever I have that side of my head on a pillow, or even maybe leaning my head on my hand or something.

I am not talking about tinnitus ..... it is not a ringing or a tone.
It started as sort of a swooshing noise but it has developed into more of a thumping sound.

I have kind of figured out what I believe is causing it: It seems to kind of sound like I am listening to fasciculations... if I watch the ones in my hands I can kind of imagine that that is what I am hearing, and if I watch that side of my face in the mirror for a while really closely I can usually see small fasciculations in my jaw.

Anyone else ever had such a problem?
If so, did you find anything that helps?

Not hurting anything, just kind of making me crazy at times and sometimes it is hard to sleep because of it.

Yes. YES! I get these at night, when my jaw clonus is bad. If it really gets going, it can almost sound like a motor in my ear. Nothing helps except yawning or stretching my neck and jaw repeatedly- though I don't know if it just stops in its own time and I just think I'm doing something to mitigate it.

Yeah... I don't know about a motor though...... Maybe more like some kind of drum beat.
Sometimes it isn't much, but sometimes once it gets started it will get really bad and keep me awake for a long time.
I have tried the stretching and stuff. I don't know if it finally works or if I just finally go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back