05/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Barrie
Hello all,

I am seeing a doctor who specializes in Chinese medicine. He is familiar with ALS and is also an M.D. He knows I am taking B12 injections although he also suggested taking B1 and B6 injections ...not daily, but once per week. Off the record, he also suggested taking nandrolone (steroids) at a low dose.

The B injections make total sense although not sure about the Nandrolone....from what I've read about it there are many ways it can help with the health of muscles although I don't know so much about motor neurons....I don't think though that he would have suggested taking it if he didn't think it would provide benefit. I have researched them online and there are kinds you can take that have fewer side effects and don't seem to be too dangerous at low doses.

Do any of you have any thoughts/experience with either suggestion?
Thanks,
Bear

I am really interested to hear how you fare with the steroids, should you choose to go that way. It's something I've been considering, but have not found anyone with MND who has first hand experience who has documented improvement.

I had a B12 and B complex vitamin iv regimen around this time last year- administered by a Naturopath/ TCM physician. I kept it up for 6 weeks, but didn't feel there was notable improvement in energy. However, I was undiagnosed at that time, and my focus was trying to beat crippling fatigue. It may have benefited my general/ brain health, but I had no idea I was dealing with MND when I was seeking help for my symptoms.

Yes....it will be hard to know the exact effect of the steroids although if there is any indication I will post it here....I do have some deca durabolin although doing a low dose at 50mg per month...some bodybuilders do 400mg/week although no way for me. I don't have any people with MND with documented improvement either....just trusting this doc really.

Not sure about the b1 and b6 in addition to the b12 although I figure why not,...it's not too costly and it's once per week. We shall see....

Just came across a good source for vitamins, supplements, and A L S.

Nutrition and Dietary Supplements in Motor Neuron Disease

I take a boat load of pills, trying to stave off the inevitable. And the frustrating thing is that I can't tell if anything is working. I'm progressing, but not too fast.

I started my husband on sublingual B complex with B12, I've noticed an increase in his energy levels. Not Hugh but enough to be up and out of bed. Tried getting Doctor to do B12 shots but he said that was shown not to be effective..... Once again UGH, WHY NOT TRY! So since Doctor won't I do what I can! Let us know how you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back