08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
15 mg green tablets.

Doctor said break then in half, then break them in half again.

Being extremely cautious and not wanting to take one close to bedtime, I took 1/8 of one yesterday with noon meal. Felt it a little bit (itching and with the Valium pretty relaxed.) With suppper took another 1/8 under my tongue. Within 20 minutes I was high and dizzy. It did seem to work better on the pain and I was able to watch two hours of TV in my recliner. I had a panic attack when the itching and dizziness came on but 1/2 Xanax stopped that and I was able to relax.

Hope you are doing okay.

Isnt there another med than could work without all the cutting of meds? Steve had Tramadol but aleve in 500mg dose, its prescription strength, worked better than anything else.

I can't take oxy either as I itch. There are other options.

Sherry

It sounds to me like you have learned something.

The oxy is giving you the relief you need, but you are also having a side effect.
That's good news really, because it means (to how I'm seeing it) that you can find relief, but maybe you just need to try a different med.

Cutting tablets into quarters is no mean feat - maybe they can give you a liquid something and you can far more easily measure half and quarter doses?

Tillie,
I have a pill cutter and it works great (for now.) I can also use a pill crusher (they are instant release so can be ground) and put into liquid. The itching seems to be a side effect, not a reaction. I have a very low tolerance for any kind of drug. At this point I will take anything that gives me some relief. I'm in bed 20 hours a day with the heating pad on my back. I can still walk but feel it in my back. Still waiting for results of rib xrays, then MRIs they are doing on Friday to see if something happened during a vigorous stretch or hard massage.
Six weeks ago I could run up a flight of stairs at church. Now I can't get to church.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain, and that it has continued. I truly hope they find a cause outside of ALS because even though Chris had a lot of pain, it was obvious why as you looked at what was happening to his joints.

And yep, I agreed, the itching is a side effect rather than a reaction ;)

Kim, auth regards to the itching - have you tried an over the counter allergy medication to try to mitigate it?
I am so sorry this pain has gone on so long.

If it keeps up I'll try something.

Kim... are you using a low pressure alternating air mattress in your bed? If not, you might want to search for my thread on such. It sure made a huge difference for my PALS.

Jim

Kim, I am so sorry you are still in so much pain. I will be praying that you get relief from your pain at mass today.

Sharon

Thank you, Sharon. that means so much to me.
Jim, I have a mattress designed for fibromyalgia. It's organic and has a mattress topper with non toxic memory foam. also have an adjustable bed. The pain subsides when I'm in bed. It's when I'm sitting or walking that it starts up again. I have a lift chair in the living room but that's the same as being in bed. I really want to sit and walk without the pain.
It's not joint pain. Feels more like pulled muscles and bruised ribs, along with spasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back