Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
My husband has been taking Riluzole for about a month now. He tells me he feels very tired all the time, which I understand could be a side effect of the drug. Has anyone else experienced fatigue taking Riluzole, and if so, did this side effect eventually go away? Just hoping he can tolerate it.

V

My pals took it only about 10 days. He was never prone to headaches but started having them and ended up in the ER with a severe migraine. I don't recall increased fatigue but your husband's may relate to needed a bipap. Don't know if he's on one.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry. My husband is newly diagnosed, limb onset, and has not yet had other symptoms. I don't think he needs a bipap yet.

V

I believe fatigue could be from the riluzole but with limb onset there is also fatigue from the increased effort it takes to move around/perform tasks. So hard to tell what is what

Thanks Nikki. I read that up to 25% of Riluzole users experience fatigue. We might try to take a break and see if it is the drug. I want him to slow progression to the extent possible but if it affects his quality of life he may decide not to use it.

I took Riluzole and it made me too tired. I tried twice with the same result. Had to stop taking it.
Marty

There is no way I could discern what if any side effects I get from Riluzol. When I first started it 2 years ago.....I was on so many other meds that have similar side effect.

The brain fog is a PITH...I spend a lot of time thinking about just quitting most of my meds.

Fatigue is my second name, specially for the past 6 months. Have been on Riluzole for five years but was never so tired as for the past few months. Someone mentioned fatigue as a component of depression. Never thought I was depressed, but who knows? Riluzole has been good to me for a long period so I will stick with it.

Thanks Marty, Big Mark and Frank. It is hard not to be depressed...that could be part of it, as could the muscle fatigue.

V

I also suffer from extreme fatigue. I don't know who sleeps more, me or my cat. I want to keep taking the med. Have a difficult time with coffee, and am thinking about some Red Bull, or some other energy drink.

I also suffer from extreme fatigue. I don't know who sleeps more, me or my cat. But I want to continue with the med. I have a difficult time with coffee, and am thinking about some Red Bull or some other energy drink.

My BJ got really bad brain fog, he was only on Riluzole and each time he came off it his brain fog disappeared.
Love Gem

Thanks Bob & Gembead. I was told that caffeine interferes with the drug. So we are now drinking decaf in our household.

V

My Mom has been on Riluzole for about 6 weeks as well as Neudexta. She had about 4 weeks of fatigue but it seems to be improving now.

Thanks TMG. My husband is still taking it, perhaps he will feel better in a week or two.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back