Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
Ojai
My MIL is about to postpone her dream vacation to instead spend 50k on this facility's treatments, anyone know if it is legit as its a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills with no reviews on their ALS treatment... I worry shes gona regret not doing the big vacation in favor of spending her time and money on someone who might be just out for the money.

Beverly Hills? From what I see, he's in Chicago now, with a recent surgical lawsuit against him, and a skim shows a disturbing variety of medical subspecialties and procedures. I think you already know the answer to your question. If this guy had the answer, we'd have heard by now.

And your MIL will have other financial needs as she progresses, so maybe encourage a nice trip <50K and then holding some funds in reserve "for promising treatments that may emerge" if that is her mindset. I am sorry for the turmoil I imagine your family is experiencing.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
They are just opening a flagship operation in Beverly Hills, but started in Chicago.

Honestly, we would know if it worked because this forum would be empty now.

Well, according to his site he moved to Chicago from BH. "In 2008, Dr. Lobe opened his first dream clinic, an anti-aging practice in Beverly Hills, California. In 2013, Dr. Lobe moved his main practice to Chicago, Illinois where he focuses on advanced hormone therapy, anti-aging medicine and stem cell treatments."

I can easily believe someone out to maximize revenues could practice in both, but it's not the usual thing.

Sorry I actually looked up the wrong facility, it's actually Dr Berman of stem cell revolution. I recognise that hope is a good thing but when it comes at the expense of missing out on a dream trip and when it puts money in a frauds pocket then it's upsetting.

And did you say just that, after looking up the peer-reviewed publications, public sector grants, etc. of the clinic in question? Tell her how you feel, why, and put it on yourself, how guilty you'd feel if she squandered her hope, time and money, only to possibly accelerate her progression (stem cell tx is not risk-free).

There is a place here in Phoenix, that does it too. They promise nothing, but charge about 11,000.
They do adipose (from your fat) remove them, separate the cells, and then re-inject them - i didi it. They got about 9 million cells, put most back in through IV, then the rest back in to the spinal sack. I have the money to afford it, and thought why not. I did not feel like I received any upside to it. Also 50k is very pricey. If they do bone marrow stems, it could be more $, but, I'm afraid there is no company in the world that has a significant result applying stem cell and ALS. Look up BrainStorm, or Nueralstem and they seem to have the most advanced stuff - still with no solid outcomes. There is another in southern Cal, that does work in Mexico, and they at least told me they definitely have no protocol for ALS, so don't bother. Please be careful out there.

Check the guy out; the article to which I linked includes Dr. Berman's admission that he doesn't even know what he's injecting.

Let the sincerity of your concern shine through. Nothing ventured...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back