Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
I've been doing some reading about the above-mentioned technology. I am wondering if anyone on the forum has tried it for themselves and if any benefit has been found.

Thanks,

Michael

I don't know anyone using it, so it will be interesting to see if anyone is.

I may give some pain relief, as a therapy, but I would want to know a good deal about it to be sure it wouldn't hasten any decline. Muscles are wasting due to the dying nerves, so it's not like trying to help and injured muscle heal.

Still, I'm only saying that without knowing much about the equipment or therapy at all, just a quick search I just did myself.

I did a quick PubMed search to see if any peer-reviewed research supports potential regeneration or protection of motor neurons in humans. I found none. And it is not a risk-free trial, as you could be heating a battery in a furnace.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for sharing. My curiosity stems from the fact that a massage therapist I know has a PEMF mat (which connects to a computer). She has put me on it a few times and after each session my the facics are very much reduced and there seems to be a little additional strength in my hands and arms (I have hand onset). Placebo effect? It's possible. I don't know much about this type of technology therefore, I'm asking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back