Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Well it's clinic day today. Wish me luck. Dreading the FVC. Getting winded so much quicker now. I do have a bit of a cold so not sure how accurate the test can be when you are stuffy. Happy Tuesday all.

Vince

Good luck, Vince. And Happy Tuesday!

Good luck. Thinking of you

Hang in there, Vince ! ! Hope the cold gets better.

with ya Vince!

Think I'm done with clinic. FVC has dropped to53%. Developing right foot drop (had no idea until they asked me to wal on my heels and right foot stayed flat). Have my trilogy and cough assist so no reason to go back.

For anyone that's interested, Bedlack said he was very encouraged with the Protandim supplement and told me I should start on it right now. Grasping at straws if you asked me. Oh well, IIWII.

Vince

We've just been talking about to clinic or not on other threads.
One of the good things is that you can always elect to ask for another clinic appointment if you decided you want to go, but if you are getting all the health and other support elsewhere it's really your call.

Our clinic here was nothing like what you guys have, but it was tiring and daunting with too much travel for us to feel value after our first couple of visits.

How is that peg going now?

Peg tube is much better but I'm really loving the Vitamix. I've gained back 3 lbs. not much but better than losing more!

Vince

Hooray for Vitamix!!!!

So you are finding that real blended food is sitting better in your system now you can blend up whatever you want?

Gaining 3lbs is actually a great accomplishment. If you can just keep slowly upping the amount of calories (which can be done without upping the amount of food too much), you will hopefully gain some more and hold steady at the very least.

Winning that battle at home the way you are doing beats many things the clinic can do (and I'm not at all against clinics!)

Vince, I have a Vitamix. Do you mind telling me what you use in it? Also, where do you buy your Protandim.? I've decided to go the B-12 injection route and am already taking Tumeric but I know that Tumeric is only one of five Protandim ingredients. While I'm waiting for a pharmacy that will get me the needed doses of B-12 (I've used injections of B-12 in the past for fibromyalgia) I'm taking 6mg sublingual a day. My neuro ordered a test to find out how well my body absorbs B-12 and some other DNA tests. He is all in favor of trying anything that could possible slow progression.

Hey Vince, that's all good news. Glad you are gaining wt. va sent me a black& decker blender when I asked for a vitmix they said " oh that to expensive" first time I ran into that, my first tele w/ bedlacks is 17 February yea he suggested protandum to me too.
What ya say "Bronc' or Panther's" love ya bro chally

Kim,
We purée just about everything in the Vitamix. We've done beef stroganoff, various creamy soups like lobster bisque, creamy Maryland crab, beef stew. Also, my wife will grill some chicken or turkey breasts, throw in some carrots, squash, or green beans, or sweet potatoes; purée that and then serve it over mashed potatoes. Just about anything you normally make for an entree can be puréed, just add the appropriate amount of vegetable stock, chicken, turkey or beef stock to thin it down. I'm still eating puréed by mouth so really loving it, but when the time comes we will do the same thing only make it thinner to go down the tube.

Bedlack told me to order the Protandim online. Said it was $50 per month and one pill per day that can be crushed and put in my tube. He still is against the B12.

Chally, I have to go with the Broncos :)

Vince

Vince, me too.

Kim,
We purée just about everything in the Vitamix. We've done beef stroganoff, various creamy soups like lobster bisque, creamy Maryland crab, beef stew. Also, my wife will grill some chicken or turkey breasts, throw in some carrots, squash, or green beans, or sweet potatoes; purée that and then serve it over mashed potatoes. Just about anything you normally make for an entree can be puréed, just add the appropriate amount of vegetable stock, chicken, turkey or beef stock to thin it down. I'm still eating puréed by mouth so really loving it, but when the time comes we will do the same thing only make it thinner to go down the tube.

Bedlack told me to order the Protandim online. Said it was $50 per month and one pill per day that can be crushed and put in my tube. He still is against the B12.

Chally, I have to go with the Broncos :)

Vince

Thanks, Vince. Why is Bedlack against B-12? It seems pretty harmless compared to most drugs. It's water soluble so you pee out what your body can't absorb. I found the Protandim on Amazon for $41, no shipping cost with my prime. I thought I'd first just take a small piece and swallow to test my tolerance. I have very bad acid reflux and even B-Complex messes me up unless I take it with lots of food.

I'm on board with Broncos, too! I'm originally from upstate NY and if I waited until the Giants were in the playoffs.......well, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back