Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
Rock Hill
I haven't been here in a while so many of you may not know me. My son and caregiver told me last night not to worry about saying goodbye to everyone,that when my time comes just go, he doesn't want me to linger on.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have been fighting pneumonia and can't do some things I used to, I fall sometimes.
Should I ask for someone else to take care of m, I never had doubts before but do now.

Janie H

Talk to him. If he has been a good and caring helper then you should discuss this. It seems to me highly likely he meant it well and it came out badly. Give him a chance and let him know how it made you feel. Sounds like he read or heard something about giving permission to someone dying and applied it a little tactlessly and prematurely

Oh Janie, I agree with Nikki that maybe he said something that came across very differently than he meant.

I would try to sit and chat with him about what he meant, and clear this. You are his mum and this must be breaking his heart to see you suffer. You know him the best of everyone, so ask him how he is doing and what he meant. Remember the old baby and bathwater saying, and let him explain. Maybe this can turn around to make you both even closer xxx

Please let us know hon, or chat to me on fb

He said it came out wrong like you said,he has been cleaning house all day,he said he was going to prove he loves me. Thanks guys
Janie

Hold him and tell him how much you love him, he is under stress too and I hope you both grow a little closer because of this slip up xxxxx

Hi, Janie, good to see you post, and let us know if we can help in any way as you fight off the pneumonia. Keep your rest, hydration and nutrition up!

Best,
Laurie

Thanks guys, I miss being here but my eyes don't work well,have a hard time reading long posts, the pneumonia is getting better, I just have to cough it up,tiring.
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back