Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Georgia
City
jackson
I have not experienced pain up until the last 3 months or so, my neck and shoulders have been really bothering me so the Dr ordered an MRI of my c spine and lower lumbar basically the results show mild degenerative changes and facet joints arthropathy lordosis mild signal loss and tarliv cysts on the right and left c5-c7, the lower lumbar about the same with cysts at the s1 and l4-l5. Some bone spurs as well.

There are times when my ankles hips and knees ache. I will not see the Dr until my 3 month visit on January 19, but I do know that in 2012 I had a full MRI head to toe and these changes were not noted.

If course my first question was is this what is causing all my problems? Can't blame a girl for hoping, anyway I am guessing here but can this be from lack of muscle support?

I also started the cymbalta to address the depression and anxiety I am experiencing and the Dr said it could help with some of my pain. I am trying to stay away from narcotics until absolutely necessary.

Also does anyone else use a nutri ninja or any other extraction device to aid with nutrition I have been for a week and love it I have seen a difference in my energy level but I see warnings all over my books that came with it to check with my Dr. Etc etc ... I can't see how there would be any risk to my health and none of my meds indicate to stay away from any certain foods except grapefruit.?

Thanks as always I appreciate all of your time and tips I have ordered the large wheeled rollator, thanks to all who helped me feel better about this.

Okay some private questions...do you have headache,joint ache, bowel changes, unexplained pain, thyroid conditions, high calcium on blood tests! Extreme fatigue? Some things you describe sound like hyperparathyroidism. They thought I had 2 masses in my thyroid. They turned out to be parathyroid benign tumors. Had surgery and within 36 hrs started feeling like a new person.

One of my biggest issues was joint pain and fatigue.

Are you referring to a blender? If so the only concern is fiber, protein and such.

Unfortunately mild spine compression would not cause EMG findings of ALS. But Steph is right to say any systemic dz should be treated in any event. You can get calcium and PTH checked.

It seems like a few PALS have thyroid issues. Is there any literature on one having an effect on the other?

My PALS had no thyroid issues, there isn't any link that I know of.

Any PALS can have other medical conditions so I think it's just a matter of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back