Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
FL
State
Florida
City
Seminole
My husband just got some lab results back and of course it is Saturday so we cannot call the doctor. I did some research and if I am reading correctly the results have to do with heart disease and renal failure depending on the site. It reads BUN/Creatinine Ratio 8 . Flag low. His ldl cholesterol calc is 109 which is high. I know you guys are not doctors but in my world you are the smartest people I know. BTW I ordered a leg tent from hospice this morning after reading about it on a closed thread. They brought it within an hour. I am hoping my husbands heel burning will be better now that the bedclothes are not on his feet. To those who gave that advice I am so grateful.

Carol
:?:

In a PALS' case, that ratio is most likely reflective of poor nutrition/lack of protein, unless he has pre-existing liver dz. You might add some protein powder/whey to smoothies or whatever he is getting.

LDL cholesterol really isn't a concern, esp. at 109. Don't stress about it at all.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks Laurie. He does not have previous liver disease. With the nausea he has been having trouble eating . I will try the protein powder. I appreciate all your help.

If the heel burning is because of pressure against the bed, pressure boots may help. We used Prevalon from the beginning but souped them up with bits and pieces from other devices as time went on, to keep the entire foot/ankle straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back