05/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
Long Beach
Good Morning all,

Haven't been on for awhile as we are still doing fine. But hubby is struggling with button issues! He has the button helper but it still takes time. He still likes to wear his button up Levi jeans but we are needing new design on comfortable pants.

Ed is still a young 54 and I still like to see style, not ready yet for elastic all round!
Has anyone got some idea's, or have recommendations on what works best for them males out there that still want to look good but be comfortable. And are still able to use the bathroom by themselves!

Thanks for any input. Alana

Alana,
I'm a girl :) But I have a suggestion of something that I do. I am not able to button my pants and have made a few changes. I take a rubberband and loop it through the hole and bring both sides of the rubberband around the button. I can manage the rubberband a lot easier than I can getting the button through the hole. I'm not sure if your husband can manage that or not.
I have also had some of my pants altered to have the silver slide things added instead of buttons. I am not sure what the slide things are called but its a straight bar on one side and the other is a hook that goes on the bar.
The only bad thing about the rubberband is it doesn't make your pants as tight as they would be with a button so tucking in a shirt really isn't a option.
I've been wanting to get one of the button helpers to see if it would help me. Hope you can figure something out!
Take Care,

Last edited by a moderator:
If the button is the only issue, not the zipper, replace it with a velcro fastener? Should not be visible under a belt or shirt.

Hey Alana, my hands don't work and a buttoner is also out. I still want to dress everyday and that makes me feel good. My cals took all my pants and cut the button snap etc from the pants and replaced it with Velcro and when I draw the belt tight it's all good. No tops with buttons except on special events then cals does it for me. Now zippers just get a bunch of key rings and put them through the little zipper flange. I call it the grenade pin. Who cares if the public see this! Good luck keep posting. Love ya chally p.s. No under garments! Easier to grab mr. Happyq

Oh Chally, can't wait to tell him about Mr Happy being happy just hanging loose! All good ideas and will put some into place. To start with he needs let me buy a bigger waist size! And if your reading this Ed, I'm always right! Love ya honey!

Summer , we got Ed a button helper from Amazon. It's a multi tool which helps in most cases. I'll find the name brand and message you on it.

Thanks everyone. Blessings Alana

The velcro sounds good to me. We kept a fork on the window sill in the bathroom for a while and Chris could pull up his fly with it, but before he walked to the loo I would undo the button and he would come back out and I would do it up.

Progressed to I would go with him and undo the bits, then wait outside and do them up. Then winter was coming and we just went to the tracky dacks.

My husband uses suspenders. We clip them on to his pants, put his shirt over them so no one can see them, he pulls the zipper up but leaves the button undone.

We are velcro fans...and now elastic gym shorts. Soon we will need another plan:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back