Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Anybody else experience extreme cold feet ,knees,legs? Health care provider says it's lack of movement,no circulation. This has me concerned since I am hearing a lot about blood clots. Any suggestion? I am about 70/30 in the PWC so with braces I am still moving about slowly.

Steves joints feel very cold to me but he says he is comfortable. I have bought him socks a size bigger and we do rom for the legs.

My feet cold most time and I'm still getting around pretty good. I have a Doctor App. on 21 Dec if I remember I'll ask him.

Mike

Have your CALS massage them, pushing any fluid up out of the foot and ankle. Use a pump-driven compression boot, also.

I'm just now experiencing this. I'm getting all sorts of random leg bruises that make me wonder about clots. I may be clumsy and stagger like the town drunk these days, but these are in places impossible to accidentally bump.
Any movement at all will increase circulation and temperature. I have had very positive results with home made hot packs (fabric bag/tube sock filled with rice and placed in the microwave for 2 mins). Your leg circulation starts at the hip, so make sure your movements include as much hip bending as possible- passive or active.

Chally, Matt's were icy cold until we started using the lymph pump (graduated compression sleeves). He uses them three times a day for an hour and it compensates for the lack of circulation. He's toasty warm now and very little swelling. Ask your PCP about the pump.

Hey shiftkicker, that totally HOT avatar has has gone to my feet and now there warm! Thanks! Love ya chally

Hey now, Chally- Those were the bad old days when I was a derby coach. And the only way I'd keep the players' feet warm was setting them on fire. I miss them dearly, but there you go!

Hey shiftkicker, I got a bunch friends that are derby gals and I love to see them roll. Bad a$$!

Chally, which league are your pals skating with? And, you're right- derby girls are bad a$$- but some of the nicest people I've ever met.
I skated with the Terminal City Rollergirls in Vancouver for 9 years. I really miss it.

At my ALS clinic appointment yesterday I spoke with the neurologist about blood clots and whether I should be on a blood thinner. He said blood clots are rare in people with ALS, unlike people with spinal cord injuries or other reasons for paralysis, and that the side effects of meds to prevent blood clots are worse than the minimal risk.
Charlene

Thanks Charlene, that's good to know. Don't want any meds! Hey shiftkicker, don't know what league but it's here in West Virginia. Love all the great names they come up with for themselves! Love ya chally

Chally if I didn't already know you are an honest man, I would've thought you were talking about the other kind of cold feet!

Hope you really are getting relief.

Summer here, I much prefer it for spasticity etc.

God bless, Janelle x

Hey janellE, how are ya? Yea my feet to my knees are always ice cold to the touch but not cold like winter cold feet? What other kind cold feet is there? Love ya janelle. Chally

There are at least two members here who have survived catastrophic blood clots. I don't think it is that rare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back