10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Hi all
Sorry I haven't been posting and adding to posts. I just starting to come out of a not good place when I thought I had accepted the fact that I had ALS, I had not. This really caused me to crawl inside myside myself and stay to myself. It took a hard talk from my wife (more of a a** chewing) to come to the realization that I had to live the rest of my life and enjoy it not live in that hole. I think now I'm accepting what comes with what the ALS brings and will learn to live my life around the obstacles and enjoy and accept the future. This does not mean I have given up the fight, I'll do that the whole way, but I'm going to take every chance to enjoy the time left, embrace life and family. Lastly learn to take the support when offered. I many some questions coming so I'll be posting over the next few days.

Thanks for listening
Mike

Hi Mike,

So sorry that you have this horrible disease. It is very hard for my husband to accept it also. I am glad to hear that your wife was able to convince you. We have to t take one day at a time. Embracing your family and your life is very important. ALS can take a way a lot of things but we can stop it from taking away our lifes as long as possible. It sounds like you have a good support network and this forum is the best support system there is. None of my questions have gone unanswered and both Steve and i are donig much better due to the kind and loving support we receive on here. THere is one quote that I try to say everyday. "Live the days you have by not counting the days you have left".

I wish you the best and may you have many memorable and beautful days ahead.

Welcome back.
Vincent

Mike
My young bloke, who is 11, said this to me:

'Today is the best you'll ever be, so make the most of it,'

Truly an awesome motto to live by.

I'm so glad you've chosen to do just that...live.

God bless, Janelle x

Been there too Mike. Glad you are back.

Cee x

Welcome back, Mike. Please thank your wife for us. This is quite the roller coaster and acceptance doesn't always come all at once. I'm glad your back with us.
Becky

Good to have you back, Mike. Please tell your wife how much we appreciate her support of you. Now we have a better understanding of why you are so awesome!

Jim

Hey Mikey......good to see sumpin from you:)
We all go through dark times and isolation can be normal for us PALS, it's not ideal but some of us cope that way. Coming to grips with this dynamic can be an intermittent b!tch.
We have shared PM's over the last several months, and understand what we have each been through.

Glad to have you back Mike! So glad to hear you guys reach out to each other privately so you aren't alone. If you aren't personally involved with this disease it is difficult to explain to someone else, even your cals

All,
That's for all the kind words, Big Mark you should have stayed with the skull and cross bones. Man what a look, I'll leave it that. Just cut my goat off after 6 years, grew it when I retired from the Navy. Haven't decided if or when I'lll grow it back, if it is up to the wife that would be never, I'm thinking after the holiday's.

Mike

All,
The first word should be Thanks. Still can't type!

Mike

All,
That's for all the kind words, Big Mark you should have stayed with the skull and cross bones. Man what a look, I'll leave it that.
Mike

YUP.....I am pretty ugly, and tend to scare women an children (except my grandgirls). I haven't trimmed my beard since my diagnosis. I look at it like I am in an ugly contest...and I am in first place!:shock:

Mike, glad you've hit the other side and feel able to socialize again.

Big welcome back Mike!

Mike in PA,

Sorry you hit a rough spot, glad to see you back. Sounds like your wife got it right, good for her, listen to her.

BK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back