Old 11-27-2015, 12:23 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Visalia
State: CA
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JennieLeslie is on a distinguished road
Default Mother-in-law update

Hello all,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support and willingness to share your knowledge on ALS.

Mom was checked into the hospital a week ago with pneumonia. A swallow study revealed that she is aspirating whenever she swallows. She has denied a G-tube, and yesterday she was moved to hospice. Her sons and daughter are all traveling to be with her in her last time. I'm so grateful to you all for the information you shared so that we could better navigate the progression of this disease and be as prepared as we could be.

Thank you,
Jennie
Old 11-27-2015, 12:42 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother-in-law update

Sorry to hear of her rapid decline. I think it is wonderful that you can respect her wishes regarding no PEG an give her a comfortable passing.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:55 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Dallas
State: tx
Diagnosed: 07/2015
scaredwifetx has disabled reputation
Very Helpful Member

City: Dallas
State: tx
Diagnosed: 07/2015
scaredwifetx has disabled reputation

My thoughts are with you and your family right now. I will also pray for a comfortable passing for her. It is good to hear that her wishes are being respected.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 AM #4 (permalink)

Thank you both. I didn't know that a mother in law could be a best friend, but she is certainly mine. I feel as though I am losing her twice. Once when her voice stopped, and now again.

Jennie
Old 11-28-2015, 12:38 AM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

Jennie,
I'm sorry that you're losing your friend & MIL. However much time each of you can spend in the moment with her, you will treasure it.

Best,
Laurie
Old 11-28-2015, 09:33 AM #6 (permalink)

City: Sandy Springs
State: Georgia
Diagnosed: 10/2010
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
frankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to behold
City: Sandy Springs
State: Georgia
Diagnosed: 10/2010
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
frankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to beholdfrankb is a splendid one to behold

My thoughts are with you, Jennie, during this troubling time. I wish you strength.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, hospice, information, pneumonia, progression, support, swallow, update, wanted