10/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
Visalia
Hello all,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support and willingness to share your knowledge on ALS.

Mom was checked into the hospital a week ago with pneumonia. A swallow study revealed that she is aspirating whenever she swallows. She has denied a G-tube, and yesterday she was moved to hospice. Her sons and daughter are all traveling to be with her in her last time. I'm so grateful to you all for the information you shared so that we could better navigate the progression of this disease and be as prepared as we could be.

Thank you,
Jennie

Sorry to hear of her rapid decline. I think it is wonderful that you can respect her wishes regarding no PEG an give her a comfortable passing.

My thoughts are with you and your family right now. I will also pray for a comfortable passing for her. It is good to hear that her wishes are being respected.

Thank you both. I didn't know that a mother in law could be a best friend, but she is certainly mine. I feel as though I am losing her twice. Once when her voice stopped, and now again.

Jennie

Jennie,
I'm sorry that you're losing your friend & MIL. However much time each of you can spend in the moment with her, you will treasure it.

Best,
Laurie

My thoughts are with you, Jennie, during this troubling time. I wish you strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back