Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Tucson
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 12/2013
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
azgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to behold
azgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to beholdazgirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Elevator seat for PWC denied by Medicare

I expected this to happen. Medicare is sending me the paperwork to appeal the denial of the elevator seat. Has anyone had any luck getting this decision reversed? If so, do you have advice on what to put on the appeal form?

It's so crazy that they don't think the elevator seat is medically necessary. How are we supposed to stand up?
Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: Elevator seat for PWC denied by Medicare

Did the justification include safe transfers to things such as beds and exam tables? I think that's what worked with our insurance company.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:23 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

Get letter from doc -- reduced fall risk for transfers/in toileting and other benefits related to ability to stand. Can't speak to success rate since Medicare did not supply our w/c. Include citation of relevant guidelines/literature.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:56 AM #4 (permalink)

Thanks Laurie and nuts. Very helpful as usual! I'll let you know how the appeal goes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:06 PM #5 (permalink)

City: owensville
State: in
Diagnosed: 03/2014
acesjr68 is on a distinguished road
City: owensville
State: in
Diagnosed: 03/2014
acesjr68 is on a distinguished road

I going through the same thing, they denied a seat lift because doctor didn't say I could walk. I have been trying to get a wheelchair since march, this is a joke. Paid into Medicare thirty years and when u need help to
Bad. I have sent a letter to my congressman in indiana , we will see if that helps. I hope u have better luck than me.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, denial, elevator, medicare, pwc