Old 10-01-2015, 08:32 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Bridgetown
State: Western Australia
Diagnosed: 10/2014
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Gembead is on a very distinguished road
City: Bridgetown
Diagnosed: 10/2014
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Gembead is on a very distinguished road
Default BJ has started to use his wheelchair.

Well my darling BJ has started to use his electric wheelchair, I have put some bricks under his office desk so his chair fits underneath, he is finding it easier to get out of from a sitting position in comparison to his walker. I'm glad he is starting to use it as I feel he is safer in it. I'm sure we will have some interesting mishaps along t he way especially with the carer controls .
Love Gem
Old 10-01-2015, 08:54 AM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: By the beach
Diagnosed: 4/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
Green Queen is on a very distinguished roadGreen Queen is on a very distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
City: By the beach
Diagnosed: 4/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
Green Queen is on a very distinguished roadGreen Queen is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: BJ has started to use his wheelchair.

Gem I'm so glad you are glad.
PALS being safe is paramount and it's awesome that BJ can recognise that. It will help with his fatigue too I hope.
God bless, Janelle x
Old 10-01-2015, 09:04 AM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of

hey gem, that's great he'll love the freedom it will give him. my chair came from your side of the planet. made in Australia "Frontier"V6 great machine. happy trails love ya chally
Old 10-01-2015, 09:43 AM #4 (permalink)

City: Richmond
State: VA
Diagnosed: 10/2011
hjlindley is on a distinguished road
City: Richmond
State: VA
Diagnosed: 10/2011
hjlindley is on a distinguished road

A couple of hints. I put knit watch caps on the feet so I didn't scratch everything in the house. They didn't tell me but I found out on my own that the higher the speed the more sensitive the controls. I have door in the house with a hole in it because I didn't know that. Bed risers are what we use on my desk and the dining room table. Works like a charm and very stable. Not terribly expensive. I did splurge on wooden ones for my dining room table so they don't stick out. I'm sure you're relieved to not have to worry about him falling. Good luck!
Hollister
Old 10-03-2015, 03:08 PM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Gem, I'm so glad BJ is making the graceful move himself to using the chair.

Stay safe while you get this new house going
Old 10-03-2015, 05:42 PM #6 (permalink)

City: Surrey
State: B.C.
Diagnosed: 01/2015
anderkling is on a distinguished road
City: Surrey
State: B.C.
Diagnosed: 01/2015
anderkling is on a distinguished road

Gem, I think as your BJ uses his chair more and more, he'll love it! One tip from my experience: Always turn it off when reaching for something, because you can inadverently touch the control and ram the chair into something like a countertop, pinning your arm or foot. I became very bruised as a result.
Charlene
Closed Thread

Tags
electric wheelchair, walker, wheelchair