Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
Saw my Pulmonologist yesterday. He told me it was time for a cough assist machine....What next?
Marty

Cough assist is good.

You get a wad of mucus stuck in your trachea and you'll love it.

Cough assist is great and easy. my husband loves his. helps expand the lungs too

You will breathe much better after you use it. It clears any crud you have and it opens up the lungs. What's not to like:)

Marty, I hope everyone has alleviated any doubts about the machine.
It does sound awesome. And Steph is right, if you can breathe easier, it will be your new bff!
God bless, Janelle x

I use mine and I like it. I use the mouth piece and plug my nose. First time I used the full face mask it sucked all the snot out of my nose. Very gross.
Patrick

I use mine and I like it. I use the mouth piece and plug my nose. First time I used the full face mask it sucked all the snot out of my nose. Very gross.
Patrick
That is exactly what happened to Tim, and he thought his sinuses had permanently collapsed. Then our PROP team sent someone to our home, and she suggested the mouth piece and nose plugs, and it has been a much better experience.
Paulette

I just started using mine...I got it months ago. I'm using the mouthpiece...am I supposed to plug my nose? The pulmonary/equipment technician never mentioned that to me. Also, am I supposed to be exhaling and inhaling as hard as I can myself...or am I supposed to let the machine do the work? I feel stupid asking these questions, but I know one of you will know the answers. Thanks!
Audrey

Any answers about pinching my nose when I use my cough assist?
Thanks...Audrey

You let the machine do all the work. You relax as much as possible. Steve uses the face mask so he doesnt pinch his nose

lOL my husband like the fact that it clears out the snot!

Thank you very much...I wondered if I was trying too hard...I will let the machine do the work next time.
Audrey

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to using it.
Marty

Barbie, Steve is with your hubby. The more crud that comes out the better.

I have a question about cough assist. How often and for how long is the device used?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back