Old 08-29-2015, 12:32 AM #16 (permalink)

City: VERO BEACH
State: FLORIDA
Diagnosed: 02/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Flpopsi is on a distinguished road
City: VERO BEACH
State: FLORIDA
Diagnosed: 02/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Flpopsi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about slurring

What is the benefit of Alkaseltzer? My wife (PALS) has difficulty swallowing and coughs constantly when she eats or drinks liquids. Is there anything else that will ease the coughing?

David
Old 08-29-2015, 10:48 AM #17 (permalink)

City: roebuck
State: South Carolina
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
karla r is on a distinguished road
City: roebuck
State: South Carolina
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
karla r is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about slurring

Thank you for the info. I've had potassium salts make me sick before, so I will still ask, but probably not an option. I will stick to the pineapple juice mixed with the diet soda. I am not even supposed to take multivitamins because of the kidneys, so I am pretty sure the kidney doc will say no. But it looks like I will be waiting until the 21 to see anyone anyway, my doc is taking 2 weeks for a medical thingy and can't schedule me until the week before that anyway. And honestly, with no way to transport my power chair, it just makes it too hard. If I could be seen next week like usual, it would be worth the effort. But I wrote down some of the advice in eating and drinking to refer to until I can get in.
Closed Thread

Tags
cold, confused, coughing, neurologist, paralyzed, wrong