Status
Not open for further replies.

mannco74

This topic is running in uk build http://www.magimedia.co.uk/buildforum/
we gave my wife power of attorney when i was diagnosed, she used it a couple of years later.

my do not resuscitate order was done 2004 as my condition worsened

dnr2.jpg

when i transfered to palliative care we as a group did my living will. This will not only spells out items i refuse but treatments i accept and don't i.e. urinary infection yes, dental yes, pnuemonia no. i have refused trache but may change my mind if i wish. when i feel my quality of life is not acceptable i can refuse current treatment like bipap which i began voluntarily and the team will be there for comort measures...in my home

Chris - thanks again for sharing. i think everyone should have a living will these days. with all the technology science has given us i think it is difficult to determine when life begins and ends. regardless of what measures a person wants, it should be written down so that no family member and/or spouse has to go through the heartache of trying to convince another person. and, i sure don't want to be in the middle of it and unable to state my desires. even those of us who are seemingly healthy, you just never know what might happen from one moment to the next.

melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back