Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
My husband has started getting cramps across the middle of his stomach, just above his belly button. They are VERY sharp and last about 20 seconds (he says it feels like his stomach muscles are collapsing). After the cramp he feels pain for hours, and he says this makes the calf cramps feel like knat bites. Is anyone else dealing with this? Does it preceed anything we should know about?

I deal with them as well. they are very painful and how to get rid of as it is difficult to stretch in a way that removes them. My wife will rub coconut on the spot with very light massage. I am not sure that it really helps but it is very comforting.

For me the worst are when I yawn and get the cramps under my chin and into the tongue.

Thank you Pete. At least he knows he's not alone. Hubby says to tell you he used to hunt in DuBois and Sumerset County every November. I think that was a long time ago, as we've been married 22 years it it predates us!

Steve has also been getting stomach cramps. He sneezed and it doubled him over.

Yes, hurts like hell

A LONG 20 seconds!

Ya, I used to dread sneezing...

These are the worst cramps IMO. My cramps kinda come in cycles, right now it is my upper legs, last week it was my calves, I am due for another round of abdominal cramps.
Thank god I only have a one pack, it would be a b!tch if I had a six pack!

same with me. today im so weak

On the bright side this means you still have abdominal muscles.

These are the worst cramps IMO. My cramps kinda come in cycles, right now it is my upper legs, last week it was my calves, I am due for another round of abdominal cramps.

See, you found the positive in not having that perfect 6 pack abs...I love your sense of humor!:)

I've been trying to share your responses since last night (sigh). When he wakes up from his latest nap, I'll try again. Thank you all for sharing. About that six pack--he was in the best shape of his life just before ALS raised it's ugly head. That ALS belly really bugs him!

I've been trying to share your responses since last night (sigh). When he wakes up from his latest nap, I'll try again. Thank you all for sharing. About that six pack--he was in the best shape of his life just before ALS raised it's ugly head. That ALS belly really bugs him!

I forgot to mention....I usually get the ab cramps when sitting. By standing up it stretches the muscles, and makes them go away faster. If you can't stand up, lay down flat on your back, it would stretch them in a similar fashion.

Before diagnosis my Pals had terrible abdominal cramps. They ended up taking his gallbladder thinking that was the problem. Too bad it wasn't...

I have a 6 pack, unfortunately it's a 6 pack of 40's...

Steve actually had them before diagnosis. Now they are gone:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back