Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
I've struggled with where to post this, so please move it if there's a better place, Nikki.

I've been working with a design engineer from Invacare who is looking for feedback from PALS and CALS on how we use the chairs and what limitations we still face in order to assist him with the design process. He'd like to do phone interviews with more people (PALS or Caregivers), but can email the questions if talking is not possible. He has a list of questions that will get you thinking, but will tailor the conversation as needed/desired.

I was hesitant at first, but hubby and I have both enjoyed being able to toss out ideas that might one day help make PWCs even better for our needs. If you are willing to be interviewed, please message me with your contact info (email and/or phone number) and I will either send it on to him or give you his info if you prefer.

Davbo, maybe a chair that rights itself when you tip it over chasing kitty?

Need to be able to take them on softer surfaces. At natl parks sometimes hardpacked sand with gravel and the chair can't navigate it.

mirrors so i can back up with out hitting stuff.

my Frontier AT V6 is really bad a$$. i am new to pwc and all the uses it has but so far i have taken it all over my farm and the only place that scares me is my road in with it's 9% grade all else is good. so something to make hills safer. chally

my Frontier AT V6 is really bad a$$. i am new to pwc and all the uses it has but so far i have taken it all over my farm and the only place that scares me is my road in with it's 9% grade all else is good. so something to make hills safer. chally
v6 one of my friends wanted to put one of the hemi's i had in my chair. :)

Less tippable...if that is even a word. Also able to navigate edges/thresholds better

Jesse has a Permobile so we can't help with an Invacare but he'd love a horn on it for the rude people who walk right in front of him and back up mirrors would be very helpful!

Sherry

Jesse has a Permobile so we can't help with an Invacare but he'd love a horn on it for the rude people who walk right in front of him and back up mirrors would be very helpful!

Sherry
my q6 has a horn on it and diff tunes for it. nerdo thinks it awesome when we are flying through the house. jane turned it off ones and me and nerdo got it back on hehe :):):)

Flux capacitor, barring that then NO2 injection, barring that then machine gun turrets. Now I realize that not having a PWC may disqualify me from this convo but in either case when I do get one those are the mods...

Seriously though I think I'm going to build one in the near future after hearing others complaints ( I use to modify and hot rod cars so this would be a fun project for me).

I have a design in mind for a chair and would love to share it; i put it in a previous post it is:

It would use the electric motor found in electric mopeds. And would have to front mountain bike wheels configured like the canam spyder, and one rear wheel. You would sit up high in it like at a bar stool with back and neck support. The steering would be by applying a breaking action to the front left wheel to turn left and to the right to turn right. All done through a joystick. It would collapse like a kids running stroller for portability.

I would love to speak with someone about more specifics.

I have a design in mind for a chair and would love to share it; i put it in a previous post it is:

It would use the electric motor found in electric mopeds. And would have to front mountain bike wheels configured like the canam spyder, and one rear wheel. You would sit up high in it like at a bar stool with back and neck support. The steering would be by applying a breaking action to the front left wheel to turn left and to the right to turn right. All done through a joystick. It would collapse like a kids running stroller for portability.

i would like something like that but with a gas motor. it would have to be 49 cc or under so i could run in the bike lanes we have here. :)

drink holders

i would like something like that but with a gas motor. it would have to be 49 cc or under so i could run in the bike lanes we have here. :)

Those are both VERY doable. I'd add that you could build it in such a way that you could slide down like a recumbent for mobility/safety at speed and then pivot up for stationary purposes.

Seriously PM me and I can help you flesh out the concept.

drink holders

With auto-refill of course...

LOL...I should have known that speed would be the number one issue here! And here I was looking for ways to eliminate the hoyer to throne transfer!

Sherry (and all), it doesn't matter what chair our PALS have---he's looking for new ideas, as well as feedback on what capabilities matter the most. My hubby has a Permobile and a Frontier V6, so we just talked from our experience.

Chally, Matt loves his V6. Right now it's in the shop having power leg rests and power recline added (he has the tilt and elevator). We're sitting on the deck looking down at the lake and it's beautiful, and he can't get to it until we get that chair back. I hope it's done soon!

Barbie, the drink holders on the Permobile are junk, and the markup is outrageous. I like the design, but the cheap plastic breaks the minute the chair runs into something.

This could prove to be a great thread, but if anyone is interested in being interviewed, please message me your email or phone number, or let me know and I'll give you his.

Davbo, mirrors would be good, but how about a back up camera? Hey, if they can put them in cars...

Gooseberry, we've had the same problem getting stuck.

BTW, Chally, you CAN get stuck in deep gravel in the V6, AND it can tip over...ask me how I know. I told the love of my life that if he got it stuck again I'd leave him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back