Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
CA
State
Canada
City
Somewhere In
I had my appointment with Sunnybrook's ALS clinic yesterday. They rang late the prior day, so I had to get up at 5 a.m. the next morning to make it there in time.

Anyway, the end result is that the doctor feels that PMA is the most plausible diagnosis. He won't commit fully until he does his own EMG which is booked for September.

He also ran a bunch of blood tests yesterday. But they are the same tests which I have had done a number of times in the Emirates. All of which have repeatedly tested negative. So I'm not expecting a miracle.

It turns out this doctor worked and trained with my Neuro in the Emirates. I hadn't realized my doctor trained at the Sunnybrook Clinic.

It was an interesting day. Strength-wise, I was pleased to hear the number five on a few muscles. Otherwise, there were lots of twos and threes. But in my opinion no dramatic change since my last neuro visit in the Emirates a few months ago. So that's good.

The only real change was asymmetric reflexes. Historically, they have been 2+ in both legs and absent in the arms. Yesterday, one leg was normal, the other hyperactive. Same with the arms ; one hypo, one hyper. Plantar reflexes remained mute.

So all in all good. And who knows, maybe they'll surprise me and find some other cause. One can always hope. But I'm not fooling myself at this stage.

Lovely people who work at the clinic. All round a good experience despite the reason for being there.

Thanks for listening.

Oh life...my heart breaks for you.
Remember that we are all always here...
God bless, Janelle xxx

>Lovely people who work at the clinic. All round a good experience despite the reason for being there.

:)

Glad you had a good experience at your clinic. Was the EMG booked in September due to a long waiting list, or because they wanted to wait a specific length of time for diagnosing reasons?

Just availability. It's in seven weeks. Told that they are busy and summer holidays. It's all good. Couldn't have asked for a nicer staff. Everyone from the get-go was super caring and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back