How the Ice Bucket money was used

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard only 15% of it went to help als. about all the club members at the track i belong to did this challenge

it's all pocket changes for the likes of gates,zuckerberg and especially usmilitary spending. so why no cure?

100 million is going directly to either research or support so that accounts for 87% of the money donated...I have heard many different numbers as well, but am very thankful they are putting it towards where it is needed...it also helped in getting things approved by Congress, some simply because of the attention it got, but also by paying for some pALS (but not all who went were covered by the ALSA) to talk to our Reps & Senators who may have been on the fence about some things (Vets, Gleason Act, 21st Century medications, ALS Registry)

Thanks for that link Mark. I must look to see what the Australian breakdown is, but I believe it is pretty similar.

August is nearly here again.

3 ALS widows, me included have our August challenge half planned.
Another dear friends PALS is in end-stage now, so I figure she may well join us for a fearsome foursome until a cure is found.

Chally I wish money would simply = cure, but we all know that ALS is so incredibly complicated and it isn't for a lack of trying on the part of the incredible researchers around the world.

tillie, i totally agree! chally

>100 million is going directly to either research or support so that accounts for 87% of the money donated

great, but there's still the fda and it cost more time & money than drug dvlmt :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back