05/2010
Country
US
State
New York
City
Bellport
Hi Everyone,

I don't have ALS, but helped my sister care for my brother-in-law who had it. He passed away 5 years ago. That was the last time I came to this forum. I found a thread here while searching for info on ALS and conversion disorder. My friend told me that she has ALS. This was a few days ago. She has complained of multiple symptoms since I met her in high school. At that time she did need attention. She complained so often no one believed her. That was about 40 years ago. She has continued to do this. Very recently though, she started drooling, has difficulty speaking, and difficulty swallowing ( especially liquids). I do think she has ALS, but because of her history of dr hopping there is a possibility she has conversion disorder. The previous neurologist she went to diagnosed her with conversion disorder. Her sister is a dr and set her up with a different neurologist. The other thing is that she has been seeing a psychiatrist for a long time. She is abrasive and has very few friends. The new neurologist diagnosed her with ALS. I guess it doesn't matter. Either way her symptoms are real. I am looking for the post that mentions both ALS and conversion disorder. Thanks for any help. Terrics

Terrics, there are many posts and threads concerning conversion disorder and ALS on this website. Just pull down the search tab, advanced search, and look for "ALS, conversion disorder". Put the comma between the two terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back