Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
roebuck
Yeah! My wheelchair ramp was installed today! One step closer to being safe! No more worries about falling down the steps!

Congrats. It helps a lot. I had the local Boy Scout troop build one for my front and back doors. Makes going out back to watch my granddaughters swim a lot easier.

Good for you.

I built ramps of heavy duty wood, then widened our walk-up to accommodate the wheelchair.
Krissy really drove that chair f-a-s-t!

Still trying to work on a loaner chair, but the ramp is a big plus. I was unable to get down the steps without 2 people to help me and keepe from falling. Tomorrow, I am going to go outside, just for the fun of it! Couldn't today, because it wasn't dry until after dark. They painted a special paint that is gritty for lack of knowing just what it is. It is non-slip stuff, and put cement at the end. Not sure of that will be dry, but I will go as far as the end if it is not. It is such a blessing! Community long term care arranged for it, as they did the other stuff my insurance wouldn't pay for, like the shower seat, and raised toilet seat.

so glad you got help and assistance ! have fun tomorrow I hope it is lovely weather!

Congrats! Making progress on these types of things is huge. Hope it serves you well!

Karla I'm so pleased for you! Here's to Safety First!

Mike, as far as I know, my scooter Henry has two speeds: flat out and stop!
Just wish my leg had more than the SLOW speed...

God bless, Janelle x

>One step closer to being safe! No more worries about falling down the steps!

yeah!

Congratulations! Oh the things we take for granted... Enjoy your newfound freedom!

I so had fun! I got to pick a few blueberries from the bushes closest to the ramp end. It rained but not badly. And I noticed a few things we have to fix. One is the threshold, I think we will have to lose the screen door, and use some molding or something inside and outside the doorframe. I couldn't get the walker over it without help, so am not sure if pc will go over it. Two was the end. They put down cement to smooth it, but it ends in the shallow ditch (not really a ditch ditch, but a small rut where water drains.. That I also could not get through without help. So I think a small pipe, with quick Crete over it and to where it evens out again to make it smooth. I am so happy! Son got one of the silkies (bantam chickens) out for me to be able to pet her! I am a very happy woman today!

super happy for ya! chally

Awesome Karla! Independence and freedom are so underrated!
Glad you are happy!
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back