Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
CA
State
Canada
City
Somewhere In
I'm plagued with a terrible cold and chest infection. I have tried all the over the counter remedies to no avai'. Whether it be witchcraft, voodoo magic or herbal concoctions, anyone have some good home remedies for symptom relief? Sheesh. When it rains, it poors. Waiting for that rainbow to come afterward.

Yay! Thanks a million. Heading out to the shops to see if they sell it here. Fingers crossed.

It is a prescription antibiotic. I am pretty sure you would need a prescription in Canada too. And if it is indeed a cold it will do nothing You may need an antibiotic. Respiratory infections are nothing to mess around with when you have ALS
See a doctor. And the usual fluids decongestants my niece swears by vitamin c. Zinc is supposed to shorten a cold. I like hot water honey and lemon juice.

Got into the same situation back in April. With ALS anything having to do with breathing is considered an Emergency. I was put on levaquinn, prednisone, ventalyn and beclovent. Cleared things up fairly quickly. Do get it checked soon. things can go south fairly quickly. They also offered Oxygen, not something that is of any great benefit to PALS. We don't tend to need oxygen as much as to get rid of CO2. Good Luck
Vincent

Also we don't heal as well. At the first sign of a cold or bronchitis see a dr immediately. If possible see one who is familiar with ALS. We don't behave like normal people medically.
I have taught my go a lot about ALS. He's been practicing for 30 years and I am his 1st patient.
Lucky me.

Go darn spell correct

As a historically private persojn, would be lost without you all. And Vincent I am at a very early stage. I don't recall where you are a d anhother Barrie fellow whose name is slipping me. Need anything just holler. You are only an hour or so drive away. :)

Forgive the typos. Still no edit button..

So poorly said with so many typos, but if the Barrie crowd( or anyany Ontario crowd) would like to hook up for a coffee or cocktail, let me know.. I am still. mobile and have a rental car.

Please forum grant me an edit button. In the meantime, everyone else please read between the lines, grammatical errors and autocorrect.

Yay! Thanks a million. Heading out to the shops to see if they sell it here. Fingers crossed.

I hope you got this taken care of. I responded before I thought that you might not know what levaquin really was. Mom has been on it a few times for chest issues and i just ignorantly assumed it was common knowledge that it was a powerful antibiotic for URIs. Sorry...

Thanks GilWest, I was undoubtedly slow on that one. My doctor has now prescribed it as he says I have walking pneumonia.

I didn't recognize the name but now realize it is the same drug I was on in February for the same issue but we called it levofloxacin.

Staying in bed today hoping rest will improve some. I think all the stress hasn't helped. Tomorrow is another day! :)

Life, I hope the medication kicks in and you are feeling better soon.
Stay in bed though, pyjama days are the best!
God bless, Janelle x

nearly everyday is a pajama day with ALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back