Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
Our trip to Hershey went well yesterday. As my wife had to work out of state and my boys (16 and 18 yrs old) where here from Florida it was just the three of us.

The park was great and very accommodating. The lips on the concrete where tough on the transport chair but otherwise good. We where going to rent a power scooter but they where expensive ($45.00). My boys saw me contemplating the price and stepped in and said "don't worry about it dad we will push you" I have good kids. My younger struggled with pushing me as the park is very hilly and the ramps to some of the rides where long and steep, so my older stepped in and took control, they both tried and did great.

It was not so good having to be pushed around. I really felt like a helpless piece of poop. At the same time I know I could not have done it without the chair.

We did every coaster at least once and most twice. It was a five hour day and we had a good time. I thank the ALS association for helping us to do this.

Attached are some pictures. Along with some from my Trip to see the Viking and Bears game in Minnesota and from our last cruise to Bermuda.

Attachments

• Boys at HP.jpg
    Boys at HP.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 360
  • elihu dad.jpg
    elihu dad.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 320
  • elihu.jpg
    elihu.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 320
  • micaiah dad.jpg
    micaiah dad.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 329
  • micaiah.jpg
    micaiah.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 311
  • CP at Vikes.jpg
    CP at Vikes.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 377
  • minn.jpg
    minn.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 355
  • wife2.JPG
    wife2.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 377
  • wife1.jpg
    wife1.jpg
    987 KB · Views: 361
  • Monkey.JPG
    Monkey.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 328
So glad to hear that the trip went well, Pete. You have wonderful sons! The pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Pete I'm so glad you had a great time! The weather looks glorious. Being boys, I bet they loved "pushing dad around"! I'm with you, due to weakness, I will use a manual chair but I really do not like the lack of independence that comes with it.
I'm sure it was a day the boys will long hold dear...
Is that ice hockey? Best game ever! !
God bless, Janelle x

Thanks for sharing Pete. Great looking family

Greenqueen American Football

>Along with some from my Trip to see the Viking and Bears game in Minnesota

>Greenqueen American Football

REAL Americanfootball! go Pack!

Pete, thanks for sharing the pictures and your feelings about being pushed in the wheelchair.

Though I hate being so "needy", sometimes I think it turns out that the person helping me is glad to feel needed!

Enjoy the support of your boys.....do not feel like you are useless poop , you are wonderful you are out there experiencing life and fun with your family, you are making some wonderful memories. Go Pete......
Love Gem

Pete, its hard with kids. It got to a point here that if Steve wanted to be included he had to be willing to be in his chair, it wasn't safe otherwise. After he followed some nice tight bottoms(I always try for good scenery) And had some great days out with us, he is suggesting trips and outings. It was and is hard. Julien has taken him on some thrill rides. But it has given us some laughs and some great day, weekend, and weeklong trips. :)..

It is odd always seeing bottoms. At Hershey most where way to young. The rides where great but I am SOAR today in the shoulders and arms. It was worth it though. AS you say I would not have been able to do it without the chair.

Steve mentioned life at butt level was odd....he followed several people he needed a gas mask for so that is why I look for scenery. Nothing perverted there just less chance. You might want to get some foam to put around the wheelchair arms to support them. For steve if he doesn't get enough support he will spasm.

Pete glad you had a fun day with the boys! that is a great park!

Lots of Aussies play in the league there because of their long bomb.
All I know about your footy I have learnt from the TV.
My understanding of the game:

:)

>My understanding of the game:

:)

Attachments

• 10299175_10152415816663638_278827430677192934_n.jpg
    10299175_10152415816663638_278827430677192934_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back