Reason
CALS
Country
Uk
State
Herefordshire
City
Hereford
Hi i lost my wife to MND JUST 4weeks ago and i would like to help theose who are careing for a loved one with MND if i can help with pips on how to help keep your lovedone going longer then i will do my best to help

>i lost my wife to MND JUST 4weeks ago

sorry for your loss and welcome!

Max - Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:36:32 AM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

Hi ty for your relpy how far have u gone if u dont mind me asking

left arm, legs, eating, etc. some right arm works, sos ...

IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ...

Have u tried the steriod option i wish i had done with my wife but they took to to tell her she had it

Please see comments on the other thread where you mentioned steroids. I am sorry for your loss but if you are here to push an agenda of steroids I will ask you to stop now

no, on fingolimod ...

>I am sorry for your loss but if you are here to push an agenda of steroids I will ask you to stop now

Ditto that! .

I only say this because stirods build muscel were MND cause muscel to wast away and if u are still in good healt by this i mean u havent lost to much waith then i would try it, because my wife went from 11 stone to under 6 stone and by that time it was to late to use stiroids to keep her muscel mas strong

I have no aganda i just wish there was mo options avabile for my wife i would have used them but there wasnt so i am trying to help others

It does not work that way. Whoever told you this is just plain wrong. We can't build muscle. The people who promote steroids to help ALS believe that some ALS has an inflammatory component and steroids are antiinflammatory in action.

I know it dont but when u are with someone for 25 years u would try anything

You are welcome here if you want to help by emotional support and give advice on problems that you may have dealt with in your wife's journey. You may see someone posting about a problem that you were able to solve. Sharing that experience can be invaluable

Ty i do have vauble advise for those who are careing for a lovedone and those who suffer from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back