Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Mass
City
Florence
The 2nd Thursday of every month we attend a informational group meeting in Ludlow Mass.
it runs from 2:30 to 4:00 and is in a very laid back setting.
Both people with ALS & or there care givers can attend.
There is no charge ,
Having ALS is hard & scary for those of us that have it & our care givers . It is nice to have a avenue like this to learn what in really offered out there.
We are all different & effected by ALS differently, So the information & services that are talked about is NOT one size fits all.

If anyone would like to attend I can get you the contact information.

Thanks and welcome. If you feel like introducing yourself further we would love to get to know you.
Unfortunately Ludlow is a bit too far for me

My symptoms 1st showed up in my left hand in Oct of 2013 Followed by many tests as we all know a got our 2nd opinion on June 4 2014
Dr Brown the doctor that gave me that 2nd opinion asked me if I knew what ALS was / I said YES it's > "A L-ousy S-ituation "

Currently I am involved in the Brainstorm research study @ U MMASS Memorial hospital in Worcester Mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the diagnosis. Dr Brown is awesome. Good luck with brainstorm! That is exciting.
I go to MGH

>Sorry for the diagnosis

Ditto that! ALS sucks!

Max - Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:40:48 AM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

DATE CORRECTION
My 2nd opinion with Dr. Brown was 1 year earlier June 4 2014 ( darn fat fingers )
Also is there a way to edit a post after it is sent ?

THANKS

I edited the date in the prior post. I think the edit function for members is only good for 5 minutes after the post and you as a new member may not be able to edit at all

You have also encountered the automoderating feature. The reason the post about the date did not show up initially was it contained a trigger word. There is no comprehensive list of words I can give but I can tell you your trigger word was dr with a period afterwards. Plain dr goes through. Seems silly but that is the way it is !

Last edited:
Yesterday I got my Clarity Fortissimo Land line phone. Thanks to attending one of the informational meetings.
No receiver to hold > before I was unable to pick up & hold receiver in a timely fashion , by the time I got the receiver to my ear the person had hung up. Then when I would try to call back I would set the receiver down to dial & by the time I got it to my ear I would be only hearing dial tone.
With out the meeting I never have know this product was even out there.
Very clear not like using the speaker on the old phone.

BILL W

Bill I have the same problem. I'm in the process of getting a new phone from Telstra. The only problem the one I would like is not available under the Disabled program and I have to pay full rip for it.
Typical.
I hope that the new phone makes things easier for you.
God bless, Janelle x

Bit of a learning curve with programing but with touch screen prompts it is doable for my wife.

Welcome Bill,
I have many memories of breakfasts at Miss Flo's diner in Florence. Is it still there? I am going to look into the phone you mentioned. Looks good for my husband M. Ludlow is also a bit far for us...we are in RI.

Miss Florence is in fact still there !

July 9 2015 should be the next get together in Ludlow Mass. / Anyone interested in going ?

If only you could move it a few miles southeast would love to go! :)
Please let us know if you pick up any pearls

Last edited:
There is another one she has Between Worcester & Boston Ma. on a different Day I don't go to that one but I can get info & better address location. If any one wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back