Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Steve goes in a little while to the afternoon session.

Good luck. Hope it goes well

Hoping for good news, or at least good ideas!

Hoping visit goes smoothly.

>Hoping for good news

Ditto that!

Always a fun time.lol

Fun it was! Breathing was a.mixed bag....fvc stable, o2 dropped, co2 climbed. Pt showed loss of balance and said the use of a walker at all times is very important if you are still mobile. She said it will help to maintain balance. Walking without the walker will not.

Nothing else to really report from ot, dietician,social worker, neuro, etc.

Ot did suggest replacing buttons and snaps on clothing with velcro to make dressing less energy intensive.

Have a good weekend everybody.

hey gooseberry glad your visit went well. i also was in clinic and it went well too. good on us chally

Nice that it is over with, I dread mine at the end of this month. 8AM til 4PM

Janie

Blechhhh Janie! Why so long? I think Steve's at 3-4 hrs are too long. They exhaust me. He took his power chair and at one point we didn't see anyone for an hour and a half. I dimmed the lights , he reclined the chair , and snoozed.:)

Pt showed loss of balance and said the use of a walker at all times is very important if you are still mobile. She said it will help to maintain balance. Walking without the walker will not..

Same here! Us lungers need to stick together I guess.

Gooseberry, I have my first clinic appointment at Tampa on the 25th. I assume that's where you go since you are so close. I have no idea what to expect, I have an email into the director for info. But perhaps what you have experienced would be more helpful to me. Do I take my test results with me, are they going to ask me for info before my appointment? Not that I'm nervous about it, I just want to be prepared.
Thank you

Clinic is only on Friday so your appointment will be an entry appointment with either doctor katzin or vu. Unless you have already had this initial appointment with one of them.

If this is your first time meeting them, bring copies of every test you have had done and any disks from scans. They will review it all. This will be followed by a thorough neuro exam.

Bring a list of questions...what type do I have, where am I in the disease etcand anything else that you want to know.

If this is actual clinic, you will need to be there at either 8:30 or 12:30 for the morning or afternoon session. They run 9-12, or 1-4. These are approximations. At the first one you will see alsa rep,social worker,ot,pt,rt,neuro, and dietician. You should bring your filled out packet they mailed to you. They will all assess you and provide recommendations. Its good to have someone there to take notes. A few weeks after clinic you will get a copy of your clinic notes in the mail. Keep them.

Very helpful gooseberry, thanks so much.
Yes, I'm scheduled at 1:00 & I'll watch for the packet to fill out & take with me.
We can finish gathering my records next week and I be ready.
Much appreciated.
Kat

Must be contagious.....Tom had clinic Thursday! Not so good. FVC 18%, inspiration (diaphragm and inspiratory muscles) only 6%, expiration (abdomen and expiratory muscles) only 10%. Ordering power wheelchair. seat assist, a different cervical collar. Wants him to use rollator walker (he won't). Scheduling radiation for his out of control saliva. Everything depressing. But he's still kicking so I'm happy for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back