Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Aus
State
Western Australia
City
Bridgetown
Well after negotiating with car dealer for 2 weeks and paying for a roadworthy certificate, putting in a offer on the car, the owners want us to pay for the repairs on their car which come to nearly $2400 dollars, and only took a $1000 off their asking, we have decided we don't want their car anymore. Yesterday we found another car, same type Chrysler Grand voyager with side entry and upfront passenger wheelchair spot, for $9000 less, so we are now in serious talks with the owner, we will have to fly 5000 km to get it, we will have a unplanned trip travelling back across Australia in a couple of weeks if all goes well.
Love Gem

Awesome! A bit of traveling sounds great, and a much better deal for the car!
J x

>5000 km to get it, we will have a unplanned trip travelling back across Australia in a couple of weeks if all goes well

from syd? beautiful trip!

Yes from near Sydney, so we would fly over and then catch a train for 4 hours, then pick the car up and have a leisurely road trip home. It will be an opportunity for BJ to see some more of this beautiful country, we might even get to see some snow. It might seem strange to you, but in Western Australia we don't get snow so it would be a new experience.
Love Gem

>Western Australia we don't get snow so it would be a new experience.

almost moved to Perth in another life :) - Australia is my 2nd favorite country :)

It's a huge country with so very little of it used for people to live in, it seems strange to me that we all squeeze in together living so close to one another when there is so much room to spread out.
That's why we live in the country on 12 acres where we can not hear our neighbours flush their toilets etc..
Love Gem

>That's why we live in the country on 12 acres where we can not hear our neighbours flush their toilets etc..

:)

Well Gem you may notice that in so much of this country there simply isn't enough water to support big clumps of people, so lots of 'vacant' land.

Wonderful that you ended up with a better deal and a bit of a road trip to boot, though you will be well sick of travelling by the time you get home as you have been away a bit!

Such a shame the car is in Sydney rather than Brisbane or you could have visited me on the way home :)

Glad you will get to test it out. Our "new" toyota sienna is very different to drive than a regular sienna. Can't take corners as fast, a lot more sway in it, winds affect it more...you sit a lot higher in. It. Hope you enjoy your van and the freedom it gives you.:). And here is to hoping your drive is uneventful!

Hi Tillie, I had the map out last night to see where you were exactly as I thought We could drop by on our way thru, then realised you must be close to the Qld border. Not this time but I really want to come and visit.
Gooseberry, thanks for the travel wishes, we will organise to get a good service done on the car before we pick it up,
BJ is still able to walk with his walker but tires very quickly and is getting a bit unstable some times even with his walker.
We currently have a Toyota land cruiser so the grand voyager will be lower to get into and drive more like a "car" . We need to stay a head of things as where we live there is no such thing as flat land unless you make it flat. We have a 60 meter (180) feet rise from the bottom to the top of our property , so don't let go of the walker when getting it out of the car if you havnt put the brakes on. We live in a smallish country town about 300 kms from the City which is about a 3 hour drive.
Love Gem

Gem it took us EIGHT hours to get home Saturday!
We turned off near GinGin (we take the new Indian Ocean Road) to buy some bamboo for our garden, 1/2hr to the blokes place, an hour there then 1/2hr back to highway. Later on Wayne needed to stop, had a really bad sleep the night before, so we parked under a tree in Lancelin and he slept for a while.
THEN my hip and leg were soooo sore from being stretched out. My glute Etc are very tight now and not used to being stretched for that long. So we stopped in Green Head. Did get some nice photos there but wow...we could have driven home then back to Perth (nearly) in that time!
God bless, Janelle x

Our offer for the car in Sydney ,well in Bathurst ...has been accepted, this means we need to organise some flights to Sydney , then a train ride over to Bathurst, book some accomodation and plan our trip home home.
BJ is very excited about seeing some more of this beautiful country, he will fit in a visit to the air museum and I will look out for craft shops. It will be very strange having me do all the driving approx 4500 km, usually BJ dose the driving while I sew or read or check out the scenery. We will take about two weeks to drive back home, and make many new memories to cherish. Now we need to get our bathroom rents finished before we go, never a dull moment here that's for sure.
Love Gem

Janelle, you will enjoy that bamboo, watching it grow. Sorry about our sore muscles, I can relate as this weekend we buttered our bathroom, yesterday I removed 15 buckets of rubble with the help of a jack hammer and today my muscles are telling me all about it. Poor Wayne, I hate it when I sleep poorly.
Love Gem

I just knew you would be south of Sydney not north. Yeah about a 10 drive from me to Bathurst so long as you don't stop! :(

Great that the van is working out for you. I don't envy that drive home, that's still a few hundred km per day presuming you drive every day. Still by making it a holiday and finding great places to stop you will have made wonderful memories of the whole thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back