Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Someone in another group said she was going to get an air mouse called zono. It looks cool on the website. Has anyone seen used or heard about someone using it? It seems like you could use it if you have just a small amount of movement in head or extremity so not if you really only have your eyes. I found a price on a UK site that was 215 pounds. You would need a couple of accessories but still cheaper than the eyegaze systems. You would need computer android tablet or phone first. There are only 3 distributors in the US

I'd think someone could easily program a Kinnect interface to work for that purpose. It even has the ability to recognize and track multiple users at the same time in addition to having facial recognition capabilities.

How big would that be and how big a movement would be needed to operate it?

They're fairly good sized (they're a game controller made by Microsoft) around the size of a laptop. Not sure of the resolution but I'd think if it could do facial recognition (and I know it can read facial expressions) then it'd be fine enough to pick up finger movements.

Here's a link

Kinect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The people who need this can't do finger movements. I am told by someone who tried the air mouse it can work with very minimal hand motion. She attached the mouse which weighs less than an ounce to her glasses but it could also work on a leg But thanks for the link

I found it on a ma zon. Watched it on you tube.

What did you think of it Tracy? It looked a lot easier than eyegaze in that video where the guy was emailing?

Ouch-over a thousand dollars for a mouse alone

I have the view of my tree overlooking the ocean on my computer screen as wallpaper. It comforts me to see it, especially when I notice yet something else changing with my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back