06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
Cant find anything else I tolerate.

My hubby lived solely on Boost Plus for a year!

You have a peg, right Neil? How about blending real food? I know a former member here was very big into that and posted a lot about it. her name was Rose. I think she even had a website.

My husband's primary nutrition is the Walmart brand of Boost Plus........Equate Nutrition Plus. He's been using it solely since January 2014, plus water with Benefiber. Recently he ran into nausea problems (stemming from excess mucous in his stomach). He now takes one small can of pineapple juice per day to thin the mucous (it works) and some sweet tea to settle his stomach. No complaints.

>He now takes one small can of pineapple juice per day to thin the mucous (it works)

yup

My PALS could not tolerate the hospital recommended peg food. We use a clear liquid with high carbs and protein.

I didn't tolerate formulas or boost because of the soy content. Plus why would I put a list of chemicals in my body. I eat a blended meal of whatever my husband eats. I haven't lost any weight since I got my tube.

I just had supper. It had a pulled pork burrito, with pickles and bbq sauce, chips, and tea. Also added a teaspoon of flaxseed. Just enough to fill me up, but not resurgence. Burps have a hint of pickles.

Yes Tracy, that is what I am talking about! I really don't know anything about it as we don't have a peg here, but it seems like a good solution and healthier too.

The intolerance of soy makes sense. Formulas use it instead of dairy products because so many people have some degree of lactose intolerance. The idea that formulas are a stew of chemicals always gives me a laugh though. All foods are nothing but chemicals! Look up any food, even broccoli, and there are the chemicals. Minerals are basic chemicals, some straight off the Periodic Table of the Elements. Vitamins are simply combinations of elements. All chemicals.

I get it diane but when you are thinking about dinner, that burrito looks a lot better than the formula:)

To be honest, my PALS disease is terminal, so do I really care if the formula that keeps his weight up and keeps him alive is not natural food? It's easy.........in an otherwise difficult and time consuming disease. I doubt it makes much difference.

Quality of life. I was miserable and having explosive diarrhea and the smell of the formula is disgusting. Now I don't have that. Plus I spend time with my family. I plan the meals, make the grocery list, and even get to taste things. We have a wonderful caregiver three days a week and she helps also. I get to impart my knowledge. Of cooking and get new ideas. As for chemicals I know plants have nutrients and minerals, be they are healthier than a can of stuff I can't pronounce.

A packaged Organic vegetarian product which is a great alternative for traveling or for folks that don't cook.it's called Liquid Hope. I was loosing a bunch of weight until I started using it, I refused to use the product that Medicare provides with 3 different types of sugar, (contributes to constipation for me). A great story behind why she created this product.

Last edited by a moderator:
>Burritos!

yeah! take a bite 4 me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back