Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
I am so tired all the time. I can get a good nights sleep, six to eight hours but I just can't stay awake all day. I try, but still find myself always dozing off. I'm fatigued as in loss of energy. But tired as in sleepy.
I used to work out, and feel body fatigued, not sleepy tired. Just tired all the time. What's this all about? So sleepy all the time!
Marty

Well it does take more energy to do anything and am I correctly remembering you recently finished cancer treatment?

But one thing to check out is your breathing especially at night. Daytime and sitting upright numbers can look good when the night time ones are pretty bad

And some of us just seem to need the extra rest early on. If the breathing checks out and you are using your energy wisely you may just need to schedule a nap. I do have a PALS friend who is prescribed provigil which she uses on special occasions. And I know that a couple of people had some relief with mestinon

Thanks Nikki, I finished 37 rounds of radiation about a month ago. In fact, I had two blood tests taken today. One For PSA and one for carbon dioxide. Breathing has gone down a little. Maybe that's causing this. I'm waiting for my bipap and maybe that will help.
I've never been this tired before.
Every time I lie down I'm out for a couple of hours. Frustrating!
Thanks again,Marty

So many possibilities come to mind: thyroid, iron, oxygen, CO2... I'm sure your doctor can work this out.

Hey Marty......we don't have a chance against the meds and breathing issues. I have been on Bipap for 2.5 months. My follow up exam with the pulmonologist was last week. She ordered an oximeter over night study and check my Co2 level. It was higher than just a few months prior. I am now on oxygen at night, and am feeling a little better each day. Less headaches in the morning, and a bit more energy. The O2 is being bled into my Bipap tube.
Fatigue is constant, I have to force myself to workout and do chores any more....remember we are like zombies!

Thanks Mark, had the overnight oxymeter test last month. That's when they ordered the bipap for me. Oxygen levels were down. I'm hoping that will help. I feel like a zombie!

Fatigue at this point is my biggest issue. Using a bipap helps me not feel headachy in the morning, but still need my afternoon nap. I just have to pace myself and do big things in the morning.
Vincent

Marty, hopefully one of the first things they did was a CBC to check for anemia?

Thanks Mark, had the overnight oxymeter test last month. That's when they ordered the bipap for me. Oxygen levels were down. I'm hoping that will help. I feel like a zombie!

My 02 levels were dropping into the low 80ies at night, don't remember what the co2 levels were. But the doc put me on 02 asap.
Hope they can get you figured out quick, it sucks to feel starved for oxygen!

How much O2 did they put you on, Mark? I'm running 2lpm.

Yeah without the bipap lying down my o2 levels are about 84. With the bipap 95. Oxygen is overrated anyway, at some point I won't need it anymore!

My oxygen levels were in the low 80s at night also with a low at 80. That's when they decided to get me a bipap.
Hopefully that will help.
Greg, yes I recently had a full blood panel done.

Marty you said you sleep 6-8 hrs a night? My pals averages 11.5-12.

All the breathing problems aside, your body may just need the extra rest. While you need to get all that checked out, sometimes it's just a matter of burning up more energy than you are use to as some muscles have to work harder to make up for muscles that aren't working. My breathing is ok, but I don't often make it through a day without taking a nap. If I don't take a nap or I have a particularly busy day, it takes me a couple days to recover. Shoot, just watching my grand kids play wears me out (don't know how mothers make it through a day without napping when they have little ones). I'm lucky enough to be retired so I don't let it bother me, I do what I can and then I enjoy the nap. If my wife has plans for us in the evening, I plan on a nap before we go.

BK

I'm with you BK, I don't have breathing issues, but some days I wake up so tired, I roll over and go back to sleep. Then still have a Nana Nap in the afternoon! As Nikki says, just the extra exertion needed to do the simplest tasks; dressing, putting the shopping away, hanging out a load of washing...it all makes me long to get back into bed.
One good thing about laying around in bed, it's where our cat lives, and she understands me better than most.
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back