Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Hubby has the mask that covers his nose and mouth (he has obstructive sleep apnea and does breath through his mouth sometimes). He's gotten very used to the Trilogy, and seldom wakes up because of leakage. I'm a different story--any change and my eyes shake my brain and tell it to get to work. One of the biggest problems we have is the mask slipping up over his lower lip. Suddenly it's in his mouth. He wears a small. It doesn't seem to matter how well it's adjustd, that lip just won't hold the mask where it belongs.

Help! Is this common? I'm thinking about asking the RT about the cloth mask Laurie recommends. Does anyone have any other advice?

Steve had that problem. He needed a bigger mask and had to adjust his headgear. Rt said no but a cool $300 oop and he was in good shape. Oh, and some masks there is a plastic dial on theforehead. You only notice by chance. If your hubby's mask has it it will help to secure it inplace. Steve uses the quattro mask.

I profit nothing by this, but on the major CPAP site, the Circadiance nasal sleepweaver mask is currently on sale for $69, which includes free return insurance if it doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back