05/2012
Country
CA
State
NS
City
Glace Bay
Hello All:

I have been blessed with the opportunity for free travel to participate in a documentary called Apparition Hill - "apparitionhill.tv". I hope I can adequately represent our community and help to raise awareness.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to get travel insurance for 8 days. Whenever I am truthful they say I'm not eligible.

Thank you to anyone who replies.

Darryl

Can't help there, darryl, but the trip sounds awesome!
I'm so glad you are living life to the full and going!
All the best with the insurance, travel safe.
God bless, Janelle x

Darryl,

I don't know about the insurance. But, the trip sounds amazing. Rock on! Have a great adventure.

Michael

Try any bank in Canada. I've always used TD, but I'd imagine any bank will do. Say hi to Our Lady for me.
Vincent

The issue with travel insurance is the preexisting condition clause. Most will cover your preexisting condition if you book within a few days of your first deposit or ticketing. Not sure what happens when the travel is free. Have you booked your ticket yet. Within each travel insurance group there are set policies for chronic conditions....in our case, the fact that M (he has PLS) had not had an issue, other than routine follow ups within a 100 days of travel allowed for coverage. We used www.roamright.com/‎(855) 490-1946. We have had no issues in any of our travels, so I cannot say whether the coverage would have been adequate or a nightmare to process.
Ratings for insurance is tricky as often the best ratings, when you read the reviews you realize the majority of people have never made a claim and give the service 5 stars.
I might ask the organization that is providing the travel whether you might be covered under a policy that they have. Just some thoughts.
Anna

Thank you Vincent and Anna, lots of good information.
Darryl

Shoot, looks like RoamRight is only available in the US, maybe there is a similar Canadian company

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Canada.
Anna

Vincent was right, TD worked perfect! Basically because I haven't any major complications in the last 180 days I should be covered.

Awesome! So good it's all sorted!
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back