Moving my father - who "prescribes" hospital bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggronald

Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Mn
City
Minneapolis
I am moving my father from one state to another. His primary care doctor says that he cannot write a prescription for a hospital bed because it would be 'filled" out of state. We want to use Medicare to cover this cost, so an Rx is required, to my understanding. Is this true? If we wait until he's here, he won't have a bed to sleep on.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes, you need the perscription written in the same state that it's filled in. You would either have to buy it and move it or perhaps rent one for him when he first arrives until you can get him in to see a new doc who can perscribe.

Or you could ask your local ALS clinic if they have one in the closet.

Even better idea, Niel!

>Or you could ask your local ALS clinic if they have one in the closet

and alsa/mda ...

Check Craigslist. Last summer, my father in law passed. He had Parkinsons for a good 20 years. I say good- because it wasn't until the last 2 years that things got rough. Anyway- I sold his hospital bed, and motorchair on craiglist for $100 each. It was only just after his passing, that my father was diagnosed with ALS- and I wished I kept all the apparatus I was so quick to sell. If wishes were horses..... Anyway- try craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back