Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
I am Rex Ricks, my father Ralph Ricks asked me to post on his behalf.
Being on a vent for nearly 6 weeks has been "HELL!"
He has compared his experience to waterboarding.
Being here at the VA since March 25th has been too much for him.

Ralph and family will be meeting with palliative caregiver tomorrow.
He will soon be leaving this world and going to a better place.
He would like to thank everyone on here for their support, and will cherish the new friendships he formed on here and will miss you all.
He wishes you all the best in your dealings with this disease.
Once again, thank you and good bye.

Hugs to you and your whole family. Wishing you love and peace over these next days. So hard. I will miss you, Graybeard, and your wonderful bird stories, too. Thank you for always sharing whole-heartedly here.
Cindy

Rex thank you for the post.

Please tell your dad that I look forward to meeting him when my time comes.

I pray his final hours will be peaceful and that he will soar with the angels as he breaks free from the chains of this earthly body.

Rex, once again I am heartbroken. Your dad will forever be in my thoughts.

Rex,
Please tell GB his spirit will be missed, and we join you in wishing him only peace.

--Laurie

I am so sorry! I hope the coming days will be peaceful and that he can be pain free!

I am so very sorry that he has suffered so much. Wishing him and you comfort and peace
Thank you Ralph for being part of our forum family.

I am so sorry. I wish for fair winds and following seas for this next leg of the journey. Many blessings.

I am heartbroken that the vent was so traumatic for our GB. He has been a much loved part of our family and we never wanted him to suffer more.

Peaceful passing to fly free, we will never forget our dear friend.

Thank you so much for coming here and letting us know, we have all been holding him so high in our thoughts.

Thank you for letting us know. GB and your family will be in our prayers. I know that he will go very peacefully. God Bless
Paulette

There is no way to convey the happy/sad that accompanies the privilege of having welcomed and come to know another ALS family member and the sorrow at having to say goodbye. Thank you for all the times you shared a piece of yourself with us all. May your spirit soar with a new found freedom and joy...

Jim

Greybeard, I wish you a pain free journey as you pass from this world to the next. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us.
Love and hugs Gem

Cry for the sadness of losing someone you love but celebrate his freedom. I still chuckle at his tales of the bird chewing through everything! Graybeard,you will be missed. Hugs to all of his family. Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back