4/2016
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
By the beach
Morning!
People often don't find the "right" words, but sometimes they say EXACTLY what we need to hear. This is for anyone who wants to share stories about the gorgeous people who make us feel better during our journey.

My sister in law owns a cafe and besides the fact it's YUM, loyalty draws me to it when in town. I guess because I go there probably twice a week and I am family to the boss, I know all the staff well.
Some of you know I've been very down lately. Decided to have a hot chocolate to cheer myself up. Rhonda, the beautiful kitchen manager, came out and said "how are you Janelle?". I replied with the usual "fine, thanks " . What I got in return was "no...how are you...really?".
Well I burst into tears and she sat down with me and let me cry and get stuff off my chest. I soooo needed someone to REALLY want to know how I was.
I'm hoping we all have someone to share here.
God bless, Janelle

These are the real friends. The ones who know and listen.

Yes indeed!
Anna

>"no...how are you...really?".

:)

nice to be human (sometimes :))

So glad someone truly cared Janelle!

I love the lines of this song as they summed up even more perfectly for me how it can be once dealing with this monster:

Maybe people only ask you how you are doing, because that's easier than letting on how little they can care.

But when you know you've got a real friend somewhere, suddenly all the others are so much easier to bare.

Remember how she treated you when the next one who doesn't really care asks you :)

Good tip Tillie thank you.
You know, I always say to people "nice to see you" when we are finishing up conversations. Maybe I'm as bad as everyone else because it's really NOT nice to see some people.
I think my tune will be changed...
God bless, Janelle x

Its funny you say that. My son is a very literal kid so I can't say it was nice to see you if I don't care for the person because he will call me on it. So I have to say things like I hope you have a wonderful day or good talking with you. Etc. Its kind of funny but I am really careful now, especially when he is with me, because he has called me out in front of people.

Its kind of funny but I am really careful now, especially when he is with me, because he has called me out in front of people.

Oh dear, gotta love literal, but hey not from you kids!

Janelle I'm sure we all do this as part of being social. Kinda sucks when someone is seriously or terminally ill though.

i say lets have some more hot chocolate. hugs out to you.

I have two friend who are incredible. One called me the other day He had a couple of days prior cut his finger pretty bad on his lawnmower. When he called he was blubbering like a baby. He said "I was sitting here soaking my finger and feeling sorry for myself when I thought of you." He then told me that he had nothing in his life to feel sorry for. I told him neither do I as my greatest need - the forgiveness of my sins - has been met.

The other asked me how I was doing. As I was feeling low about starting to need a chair, I began complaining about my legs, hands, breathing etc.. He said "I am sorry, ... but how are you doing spiritually" Talk about putting things in there proper perspective.

>He said "I am sorry, ... but how are you doing spiritually" Talk about putting things in there proper perspective.

Pete...wow. What a beautiful thing to be asked. I actually don't know what to say...except thank you for sharing.
My priest wants me to see a priest he knows who's a healer. It must have been the skeptical look on my face, because he said, "to be healed, not physically, but spiritually."

Perspective alright.
God bless, Janelle x

Pete and Janelle,

I am and have always been connected to music. One of the hardest things I've had to deal with is not being able to sing but my ears are still very good. There is a Whitney Houston song titled "I look to YOU". This song has brought me through some of my dark times and I listen to it when I need to charge my spirit - these are the lyrics:

As I lay me down - Heaven hear me now
I'm lost without a cause - After giving it my all
Winter storms have come - And darkened my sun
After all that I've been through - Who on earth can I turn to

I look to You - I look to You
After all my strength is gone - in You I can be strong
And when melodies are gone - In You I hear a song
I look to You

About to lose my breath - There's no more fighting left
Sinking to rise no more - Searching for that open door
And every road that I've taken - Led to my regret
And I don't know if I'm gonna make it - Nothing to do but lift my head

I look to You

I look to You - My levees are broken
My walls have come - Tumbling down on me
The rain is falling - Defeat is calling
I need You to set me free
Take me far away from the battle - I need You, to shine on me

I look to You

I hope this song can bring to others the joy and peace it brings to me.

Vince

I need You, to shine on me

Vince
Again...I don't know what to say.
Thank you for sharing.
I have downloaded it to my phone, as it goes wherever I go.
Thank you

God bless, Janelle x

I have to say that I agree with the priest. I'm seeking to be whole spiritually, as I know I'll will never be whole physically. My prayer is for calm acceptance and the strength to live today doing what I can while I can ...and to worry about my future when it gets here. It's not easy, but I'm getting there. God bless us all!

>but how are you doing spiritually" Talk about putting things in there proper perspective.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back