Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
I had been on Jevity 1.5 and was using 2 cans a day as a supplemental feeding not to lose weight. I tried to up that to 4 and the result is lots go gas and my going 8x a day. No diarrhea but can't stop going. Now I can't eat by mouth or take tube feedings. Any help out there?

It may have been to quick a transition. That stuff is so packed with nutrients,fiber,etc that it may be overwhelming you a bit. I would let your body settle a bit and try some smoothies or blended fooded like Tillie suggested. Steve is particular to a.pineapple,orange, ice cream, greek yogurt mix for a smoothie. If you were tubing it I would leave out the ice cream, add some juice to thin it. You would have to check the thickness. The fresh pineapple has been wonderful.

You also need to ensure you really flush the tube well after real food as it tends to stick more to the tubing than the formulae do.

I was thinking that those vege juices you can buy we have one called V8 would even work - I can't believe I never once thought of that for Chris!

my PALS could never get adjusted to tube formulas---bad diarrhea. Finally switched to Boost plus and high calorie(only available on line) and takes a tablespoon of imodium with each feeding. Now no problems.

>I was thinking that those vege juices you can buy we have one called V8 would even work

use low sodium version ...

Why low sodium Max-afraid of a heart attack?

Probably because of the swelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back