Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
Lately, I've started to have what I think, may be progression. When I lay on my back, it seems that my saliva will roll off my tongue and go sliding down the wrong pipe. I believe this is aspiration? I begin coughing till it's clear. This hasn't happened to me since diagnosis.

Also, woke up a few times in the past couple of weeks not being able to swallow. It takes several tries to swallow and sometimes makes me panic. Scary and frustrating.
I have limb onset. Can still walk and talk. Very weak though. Figures this would start after going to my last clinic a couple of weeks ago. Or I'd be asking the dr about this.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Marty

Try Nuedexta it gave me an extra 8 months of swallowing, and I can still talk.

I can feel it at the sides of my mouth, especially when I try to sleep. I stuff a Kleenex there so it doesn't drip. Does Nuedexta dry it up?

My husband uses Atropine 1% ophthalmic drops orally at bed time and his mouth stays dry at night, wears off by the time he gets up, and can swallow. He has problems swallowing unless he is completely upright now. He has no difficulty talking at all. He also uses Cyclobenzaprine or Flexeril for muscle and joint pain and it has a side effect of drying his mouth.
Paulette

Odd because asleep was the only time when Chris would not have saliva issues.

The moment he would wake, it was like his salivary glands woke with him ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back